Garden Tractor Forums banner

Why Do Some Not Have A State In There Avatar

3K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  backwoods 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Read post after post and the only thing I know about the arthur is their screen name-not the state they are from or live in and the present problem with their machine. My self I am curious of where everyone lives. I am glad of two memeber that live right around the corner from me. I probably never would have know them if it hadn't been for GTTalk and the members map.

Many of y'all that have been here for a good while have gotten to know each other kind of like brothers.

Are there any thoughts on this subject.Or may I should have why do some elect not to place at least a state,

Dick

#2 ·
I think its nice too to know where other members live. Not necessarily their home address, but at least a location and state, ie Central Michigan or such.

#4 ·
I like to know where people are from also. But some of the members either don't think about it or don't want to put where they live up. It's their choice I guess. But yeah,I think it's cool to know where everybody's located.

#6 ·
Doesn't bother me!!! I don't care if anybody knows where I live. LOL.
Where the Heck IS Earlville?!?! I have never heard of it!! LOL

It's up to the member whether or not they share any private or personal information in the the 'information age' Some folks are just private..

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Where the Heck IS Earlville?!?! I have never heard of it!! LOL
Haha, you have a definite point there. A whopping 800 people live in Earlville. I like it though. To give you some bearing of where I live, Syracuse is about 45 mins. north/northwest of me.

Oh, and BTW I have never heard of Avon either though. LOL.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I want y'all to know I don't really care where y'all live but just for conversation sake, at least the state and then if you want to give the city but like WNYtractor said "where in the world is Earlville', I myself don't care were it is but if is close to me which could be interestings as a new friend or someone that has a part close by that I really need.

Ha LTD, I know exactly where you live-so look out.

Dick

#24 ·
Central Texas covers a LOT of ground. LOL

Reactions: larrybl
#13 ·
Gaston County...........is that Gastonia? I used to date a girl that drove for her dad's trucking company up there in Kings Mountain.....................Cant for the life of me remember the name of the company. They were off exit 13 (I think) You could see their yard from the interstate. ON the Northbound side of the interstate.

#15 ·
It's not mandatory. I think the OP saw a For Sale thread with a cheap GT he really wanted and the seller doesn't have a location listed. Sour grapes, me thinks.

I'm a Cheese Head hope no one holds that against me lol
I do. Wait. What was the Vikes record against the Pack this year? Oh yeah, 1-2. Yep, I hate ya. Best case scenerio is congenial disdain until next season.

Just ask around locally. Someone can point you to the house.
Yeah, I'd start with the Sheriff's office. Then I could just wait ten minutes and get a ride there.

#18 ·
They don't come by anymore. I kept breaking the handcuffs.
Of course, once they are broken, they are scrap..."Hey, can I keep these too?"

I think it's nice to have a general idea where people are, but I can see why you wouldn't want all your info out there. Google and the like can find most anything on the web, and it is sometimes surprising what they come up with. That's how that stranger in Tennesse ? was able to contact me about the farm I grew up on, Google found the info.

#19 ·
I would also like at least a state, but it is up to the member. There are members who have been here for a long time, active posters and they have NO information about themselves listed. It is not a big deal, like I said it is up to the member.

#21 ·
ok theres a few of us from new york anyone heard of corning/beaver dams? it doesnt bother me if folks know where i live stop in have a cold one sometime lol
You know I grew up there as a young tyke buster! Used to live in Meadowbrook and go to Winfield street school.. Right down the road a piece.. Moved up to Avon just before the flood in 72.. I'd love to stop by for a pop but NYS DMV has other ideas about that..

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
A general location is nice, especially if that person has parts or a tractor that someone is interested in.

I use the member map when severe weather is happening to see who may be in the path!

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
I agree that at least a state would be nice . I'm so cl ose to Mossouri. and Oklahoma you could hit a golf ball to either one .. :watch_over_fence:

larryd
We're practically neighbors.

Of course here the term neighbor could mean you live 50 miles away. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.