Garden Tractor Forums banner

Got Me A Pair Of Freebees!

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  daytime dave 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Living in a town of about 200,000 people, I do not see many GTs around or even being used. Well, yesterday as I was driving down one of the major thoroughfares, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a surprise! :dancingbanana: A pair of rear cub rims and tires sitting next to the curb. Since I was working, I can't just pick things up. So, I went

to the door and asked the resident if they were throwing these out and his response was take them.

The only

mistake I made was not asking about the GT they came from. :wallbanging:

I am going to use these as my template to make my lead wheel weights. This way the wheels won't have to

come off the 129. This will make the process much easier. :thumbs: Easy is good.

I bet you guys would like pics, hang on.

I also acquired about 100lbs of lead, I will get more as it becomes available. We are replacing pieces of it

daily, so it should not be long.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

View attachment 57630

View attachment 57631

View attachment 57632

Geno

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Geno, I fixed your 2 threads by merging them and deleted anything that had to do with the double post.

Great deal, and i would go back and ask about the GT!! :smilewink:
Thank you for the thread repair! I think I will go back over there and see if the GT is sitting behind the garage or under the junk in the

garage. It is 5 minutes from my house and I would go after it if he has it!!

Geno

#13 ·
Geno, glad you got the wheels. It doesn't take a lot of mass for lead weights. I'm very happy with the ones on my Ford. I'll be watching how you do yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.