36 replies to this topic

#31 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:23 AM

I know it is off topic, but I gotta give you 10 out of 10 for artistic merit on the video!

Moosetails I just watched that video and have second the respect for the artistic creativity.
I have tied a few flies myself and your son has grasped a concept that many far more experienced still have not.
WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS NOT THE DESTINATION BUT THAT YOU ENJOY THE JOURNEY.
  • Moosetales said thank you

#32 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:47 PM

That is a fantastic video.  That is your son tying the fly and you made the video?  That is art both ways.  Congratulations.

#33 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 30, 2013 - 07:00 PM

I just got around to watching the video, mostly due to the comments.

Great job to both of you. I cant even make sinkers and would never attempt to make a video like that.

#34 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Moosetails I just watched that video and have second the respect for the artistic creativity.
I have tied a few flies myself and your son has grasped a concept that many far more experienced still have not.
WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS NOT THE DESTINATION BUT THAT YOU ENJOY THE JOURNEY.

Well put.

That is a fantastic video.  That is your son tying the fly and you made the video?  That is art both ways.  Congratulations.

Thanks. Yes to son tying the fly but no to me making the video. That was all him. He took many short video clips and worked them into one production.

I just got around to watching the video, mostly due to the comments.

Great job to both of you. I cant even make sinkers and would never attempt to make a video like that.

I wish I could take credit for the video but alas I cannot. That's raw 15 year old talent. I'll pass along your compliments for sure.

#35 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 07:54 PM

Sounds like all turned out well in the end :thumbs: .  I think all kids poke at that line they know they shouldnt cross, shows good parenting skills when they back down when asked.  Nice video, looks like he is multi-talented, watch your tractors , they could be next :poke:.

I am awful glad that our son missed the digital age when he was young, he is 32 now and you should see some of his FB posts :smilewink:

#36 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks. Yes to son tying the fly but no to me making the video. That was all him. He took many short video clips and worked them into one production.

I wish I could take credit for the video but alas I cannot. That's raw 15 year old talent. I'll pass along your compliments for sure.

Yes, please pass along my compliments.   Even with all the new editing software, that is a great video.  I'm old school but I see a lot of talent there. Both in the fly and the video.  I really like that he did not show off the fly in the end.  It was mentioned in the credit and I think that added to the overall effect of the video.  

I'm not as easily impressed as I used to be, but I am right now.  

I'm also glad you stood your ground on the issue at hand and he agreed without difficulty.  

#37 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 30, 2013 - 08:17 PM

Parents take pride in the kids talents and it looks like he has more that one, but I still congratulate you both