Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Have an oppourtunity to buy an MF12 but...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • Member No: 632
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 12:41 PM

so I found a guy that wants to sell an MF12 for $150 catch is, it's all torn apart. he said that he thinks it has a model 610 deck (can anyone verify and also let me know the size?) he says that he tore it all down to restore it but lost interest, and if it's not gone soon he's going to scrap it. he claims the motor runs and everything, it just needs finished. any ideas? good buy or stay away? info on the MF12? Thanks!

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 12:58 PM

Yep, that's the correct deck...42" cut, triple blade. The solid state ignition is worth at least half his asking if indeed it does still fire. $150 is a good price in my opinion. They are good tractors. The hydro's are strong and dependable.......is it hydro or gear? The gear trannies are strong also. I have a very early (44th off the line) MF12 hydro. The decks cut well, and the roller on rear of deck lays nice striping if you're into striping the yard.

#3 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 01:07 PM

I don't know if it is hydro or gear drive I just emailed him and asked. I'm assuming that it won't have hydraulic lift or power steering correct?

#4 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 01:08 PM

what about implements? the only one I would be interested in is a tiller. are they somewhat easy to find or is it going to bea needle in a haystack type of thing?

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 01:50 PM

If you don't want it at least get it for me and I will come up and get it when I have time. The MF12 is a good tractor. Used a lift hitch like most garden tractors do. Tillers are out there. You can also add an electric actuator if you don't like manual lift. Gear or hydro they are nice tractors.

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yep, tillers aren't THAT hard to find. George means it when he says he'll take it off your hands if need be to save her!

#7 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 02:15 PM

I'm still deciding (awaiting wife approval) on if I want it or not. I've always liked the looks of masseys just never seen one in action. The guys lives in Cambria PA I htink it's down near Indiana

#8 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 07:13 PM

$150 for a MF12Hydra is a deal running or not, last one I bought paid $200. with burned up SSI unit and the motor in pieces.
This one been torn apart is great if you have another on like it if not make sure you get everything, every little part nut and bolt.
Tillers are out there incomplete ones mostly some 22" wide ones with everything (gearbox, driveshaft, lift springs and bracket), very few wide complete tillers, I have only seen 1 first hand and they wouldn't sell it.

#9 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 08:31 PM

$150 for a MF12Hydra is a deal running or not, last one I bought paid $200. with burned up SSI unit and the motor in pieces.
This one been torn apart is great if you have another on like it if not make sure you get everything, every little part nut and bolt.
Tillers are out there incomplete ones mostly some 22" wide ones with everything (gearbox, driveshaft, lift springs and bracket), very few wide complete tillers, I have only seen 1 first hand and they wouldn't sell it.

:ditto:
I would save her and if not your thing part it out and be ahead.
Just my 2 cents worth.

#10 achigan1179 OFFLINE  

achigan1179

• Member No: 1392
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 02:49 PM

You could part it out for double that. Easy.