19 replies to this topic

#16 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 07:50 AM

The hydraulic lift raises and lowers the implements that fit on the back (anything with a Brinley style hitch), under the belly (mower, sickle bar, grader blade) and out front (dozer blade, blower).

As a unit, it is called the Power Lift Group. It is a hydraulic pump with reservoir, control, and cylinder.

I see that is missing is the float stop bracket on the control lever. The float position allows you to use things that don't require down pressure, like a tiller or blower, without constantly adjusting the lift height. The lever should return to neutral when released, which "locks" the implement at a given lift position. Lifting the lever over the float stop takes the pressure out of the lines going to the lift cylinder so the implement can bounce without rupturing a hose.

It is also missing the drive pulley.

Open the fill port & check the oil for burnt smell, rust & water. It should be 10w30 and will have the same warning signs as in an engine.

I'm not sure what the exact text on the air filter is, but it is something like: Be sure to re-oil, do not operate without oil. It is one of the foam ball oil soaked air filters.

As for price, it depends on condition & desperation. I'd expect to pay at least $100 for the group. Not sure about the saw.

Thanks for all the great info. The sellar states that the motor blew on the tractor this was on so he disassembled the tractor and took the power lift group off with intent to make a drill press. I'll be sure to look for bad signs.

The seller is giving both to me for $100 so it sounds like I'm in the right ballpark. Thanks again.
  • boyscout862 and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#17 New.Canadian.DB.Owner ONLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,223 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:43 AM

So, did you buy it? 

• Moosetales said thank you

#18 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Not yet. It's a ways away so I need to combine it with another trip. Do you think there is any interest in it by someone on the forum?

#19 New.Canadian.DB.Owner ONLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,223 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Not sure.  You might get more interest on an Unofficial Allis website, if you know what I mean.  If not, drop me a PM.

#20 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,681 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:25 PM

After doing some measuring and pic comparison to a GT in my garage, yes; there would be interest here on this forum if you were to purchase it and try to re-sell it.