• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 14, 2010 - 11:29 PM

I've got a Sriens GT I just put a rear PTO kit on and I need a picture or part number for the rear PTO pulley, it is the double pulley. Thanks, Bill

#2 jjkrjh OFFLINE  

jjkrjh

• Member No: 1171
  • 8 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 05:17 PM

I've got a Sriens GT I just put a rear PTO kit on and I need a picture or part number for the rear PTO pulley, it is the double pulley. Thanks, Bill

The PTO pulley for the (831006 tiller) is 531110. I have the tiller on the tractor at this moment. If you go to Ariens.com you can download the parts manual for the tiller and have an illustrated picture. If you want a picture, I could probably pull the tiller off. It is a double sheetmetal pulley with a splined slip yoke. Washers go on the inside of the yoke to shim the pulley out to the correct length with a retaining bolt in the center.

#3 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 15, 2010 - 11:54 PM

Thanks, I've got about every manual Ariens has on this tractor and attachments. I called my dealer and ordered the part, after tax and shipping a little over a hundred bucks, ouch. BTW, does the rear PTO turn or idle all the time?

#4 jjkrjh OFFLINE  

jjkrjh

• Member No: 1171
  • 8 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted September 16, 2010 - 05:11 PM

On my S-14H the rear PTO is a solid shaft off of the transmission. It spins constantly--engine speed. The tiller has an idler on the belt to engage/disengage the tiller. Later Ariens tractors have an electric clutch on the rear PTO shaft. My tractor has a cover for the rear PTO shaft, after the pulley is removed. I never priced a new pulley, a $100 sounds cheap for Ariens parts---I've priced a few but went without.

#5 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 16, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Mine is a GT14H, I believe it's a 1979. I bought the rear PTO kit, it wasn't new, but was never installed, with an electric clutch It's cover is just a top and sides, someone told me they made another type that completely covered the shaft. I dedicated this tractor to garden tractor only, as I sold the deck to someone who like it WAY more than I did. Since I wasn't using the front PTO for the mower I used the wire and switch for my rear PTO. I'm also thinking about designing a transaxle using a gear reduction on the front PTO. I have AG tires, and front blade as well as three point hitch for it. I've owned several others, but this one stays. Bill