• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 01:37 PM

got this off ebay, first time i've seen one to buy, and it just started more questions than answers. For those not in the know, i restored one ofthese Might Man tractors last fall and took it to KY and plowed. This is the 1947 brochure, or at least one of them, as i dont know how many they put out. Right off i notice a differnt tractor in the corner called a jr, which used a 1.1/2 hp Clinton engine. Now all my other books show them making a model 9 and a 7, then later making a model 5 with a clinton. The 9 and the 7 both used AB wisconsins and the model 5 which was a tractor on 12" tires used the Clinton. This new info kind of shows the 7 might have been the first one using a Clinton. I always wondered why they would have produced two tractors with the same engines and a differnt model number. Going to have to do more research on this one, as its not excatly been recorded the same in all the books i have on it.

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse, Bruce Dorsi, CRFarnsworth and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 01:42 PM

Great job on gathering some more history Jeff. I hope one of these days to get up way and see all your lit. you have collected. :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing..