daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I hear you.  I just drove home from camp.  I had read the forecast last night and wanted to leave earlier than scheduled to make it to the interstate before dark.  It was near whiteout conditions in the mountains at times.  All the way I was mostly alone, even when behind the plow for about 10 miles.  We got to the interstate and sure as I figured, the road conditions were better, but the winter dumb-dumbs were all out.  No less than four different cars off the road on the south bound side alone.  An accident with fire and ambulance on the northbound side.  I drove safely and avoided the dumb-dumbs as best I could.

From white outs, I ran into sleet, snow and then freezing rain for the last hour.  Safety first.  We got home, an hour and a half later than normal.  So what, we were in one piece and safe. 

Here's to all the safe drivers! :beer:  :beerchug: 

Edited by daytime dave, January 28, 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,655 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Mid to upper 60's today and tomorrow lower 70's then On Wednesday rain and possible sever storms then cooler on Thursday and Friday in the 50's. 

Good Idea to stay home. No sense running the risk of something bad happening.  

#18 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:42 AM

well i went to welding class last night the roads were clear by 515 when i left my house last night.tonight is auto glass installation then back home gonna be a high near 50 today thena high near 60 tomorrow.