• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 sep OFFLINE  

sep
  • Member No: 25080
  • 60 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:20 PM

I have a 53 second video put iPhone will not email it and for some reason I can't post it from my phone. Anyone know why?

I'd like to see the video but not sure by your statement here what the issue is. Also, how doess the plow lift and lower? I see the welded piece that hooks to the cable but can't tell how it runs and to where. Best luck in this crazy storm! We'll see how well these PKs push snow if we really get 2'.

Steve

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:14 PM

I had Bob send the video to my phone, so I could upload it for him. Here it is.

• MH81, Bob 537 and sep have said thanks

#18 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • Member No: 10133
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:38 PM

if you notice if watch the video  i cant say the word lever for some reason  hahaha

well the first plow went good friday around 3:00 then i went back out around 7:30 got all the snow to the end of the driveway  and when i started pushing it all to the side the transmission jammed in 2nd gear and luckily i was abel to drive through the snowbank and get it back into the garage looks like ill be replacing the tranny sooner than i wanted  good news is i have the new one waiting in the garage

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sorry to hear that it jammed in gear! You do not have to replace the entire tranny; actually, you don't have to replace any of it! There is a button on the end of the shifter that gets worn, you can repair it. To repair it, you have to weld it up, then grind it to the right shape.

It sounds like there where other problems, if you planed on replacing it before it jammed?

#20 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:55 PM

I just remembered that you do not have a body tunnel on your tractor! To unjam it, just take out the four bolts on the trans cover. Once it is off, just slide the rails back into place and put the cover back on. Very easy, and it will get you by until you want to swap the tranny out. If you go this route, I would recommend carrying a 1/2 wrench with you, that way you won't have to go back to the garage to fix it, if it happens again.
  • MH81 said thank you

#21 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:57 AM

I just remembered that you do not have a body tunnel on your tractor! To unjam it, just take out the four bolts on the trans cover. Once it is off, just slide the rails back into place and put the cover back on. Very easy, and it will get you by until you want to swap the tranny out. If you go this route, I would recommend carrying a 1/2 wrench with you, that way you won't have to go back to the garage to fix it, if it happens again.

remember a few months back we talked about the clutch assymbly well when i do that im going to replace the tranny because the seals are bad as well and then ill take the one thats on there now and send it to a place to get rebuilt for a spare

#22 sep OFFLINE  

sep
  • Member No: 25080
  • 60 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the video. Sorry to hear about the tranny stick. How much snow did you get? I was telling Ryan in a PM that we got +24" and I had a heck of a time. Round two today is about 200' or no one will be able to get to us or get the cars out. I had to put the Dodge Ram 2500 to use to get out last night. My brother attempted to take his 4X4 Jeep Liberty down it and made it about 50'. Had to pull him out. LOL!

#23 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the video. Sorry to hear about the tranny stick. How much snow did you get? I was telling Ryan in a PM that we got +24" and I had a heck of a time. Round two today is about 200' or no one will be able to get to us or get the cars out. I had to put the Dodge Ram 2500 to use to get out last night. My brother attempted to take his 4X4 Jeep Liberty down it and made it about 50'. Had to pull him out. LOL!

yeah we got about 2 feet  with drifts up as hight as 5 feet