Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

MF10/12 Implement clutch pedal and mule drive - what colour?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted September 14, 2010 - 08:44 AM

I am looking for help on this. I have an MF10 which has a Massey red implement clutch pedal and mule drive, and an MF12G, which has the pedal and drive painted flint grey metallic. I am wanting to restore both and want to know which colour is correct. I have seen pictures of other MF10s/12s with implement clutch pedals of either colour. Is there some association of the red pedal with earlier models or was it red if it came as an accessory - or should it always be flint grey metallic? Does anyone have any ideas?

George.

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 14, 2010 - 10:38 AM

I believe, and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the earlier models whose rim centers were factory painted red with silver mist outers, their pto pedal assemblies were also red.

#3 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 14, 2010 - 06:29 PM

I believe, and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the earlier models whose rim centers were factory painted red with silver mist outers, their pto pedal assemblies were also red.

:ditto:
The tractors I have and the brochures I've seen follow that pattern, early ones Red late models Gray.

#4 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted September 14, 2010 - 09:15 PM

Well that makes sense. Since the one is clearly an early model and the other one is much later, I will keep the MF10 red (even though it does look a little odd having two pedals of different colours) and leave the MF12G flint grey metallic. Thanks for your help Doug and Olcowhand.

George.

#5 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 17, 2010 - 07:38 PM

Yes, it was pretty much the same turning point when they stopped two-toning the rims. However, it was not just the foot pedal, but the brackets that hang the mower deck on both sides as well. If you un-bolt the brackets from the frame, that is what was painted red. I am torn, part of me kinda likes the look, but part of me does not...