Garden Tractor Forums banner

Possible 1450 Restoration?

7K views 58 replies 9 participants last post by  CubHorse80 
#1 ·
I am thinking about possibly restoring it, i got most of the mechanical problems sorted out. I got the fornt cowl and got all lights hooked up. The color the guy painted the white parts is almost pink... :mad2: the yellow is a little off but not bad. Still, it was a HORRIBLE paint job. He only painted otside of frame and there is a lot of overspray on engine. Im not gonna rebuild engine or repaint it but i am thinking about doing all the body work with all new paint. Hydro still needs to be ajusted and the fluid changed but thats no big deal. It needs new key switch and the starter rebuilt but again, no big deal. Im gonna get new engine mounts, decals, choke cable, and muffler box... The thing is i dont have good air compressor or painting skills so i am gonna try and rattle can it. I also dont know how to do that very well. I need tips on repainting and body work, and also the best way on how to dissasemble and reassemble. Thoghts? suggestions? Ideas? Any idea of price of paint and decals? PLEASE HELP! Ill get pics up in minute...

CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

#2 ·
1st Round of Pictures, you can see that the side panels and upper hood extention are the right color and the lower extention, hood, dash and wheels are pinkish...

Attachments

#3 ·
2nd round of pictures... You can now see my new REVLOUTIONARY :D muffler design... Tube muffler welded to a peppershaker, Its real quiet. i also showed the old and new grille extention... :dancingbanana:

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
#9 ·
Day 2... minor teardown... Hydro oil is horrible. now doesnt start... does the trunion need to be rebuilt? Also, how many hours on it? i dont know how to read these...

Attachments

#20 ·
I get 634. But it could be 1234 or 1834 also.
My 682 has over 1300 hours and is in this good of shape so IF the meter still works then I wouldn't be suprised if it has a higher number. It doesn't matter so much if you are restoring it... since you'll replace all wear parts.

So is your goal to really do a full restoration or just a rebuild?

#21 ·
I dont think im gonna do a full restoration... I know im gonna replace fuel hose, iso mounts, rebuild carb, change hydro fliud, replace rod ends on all linkages, rebuild trunion, new tires, repaint, new lights, new hydro hoses, and try to find new muffler box with right muffler... Has anyone used the MAGIC brand enamel from tractor supply? I have used it before and it works well. They have federal yellow, and IH white but the white has a little beige in it... its 4.99 a can for paint, 6.99 a can for sandable primer, and 6.99 a can for clear...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.