25 replies to this topic

#16 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Oh, I just thought of another indicator that you've become a MEMBER........when you're wife knows the names of people you reference just by telling a story about an online thread......."Are you talking about ____________? Isn't he the one you said was going to Daytona?......."

--OR--

When you're wife tells her friends and family that she's a "tractor widow". :(

I agree with comments above about this forum. I'm loving it. Being a pastor's kid I've lived many places you guys live and my dad's side of the family has lived and lives in even more places that you all live so when I hear about where you all live there's a great chance that within a few degrees of separation we'd probably find someone we know in common.....did I mention my dad is one of SEVEN kids so I almost have the entire continental US covered.  :thumbs: 

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and twostep have said thanks

#17 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,444 Thanks
  • 3,991 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:09 PM

As George Orwell said: all members are equal, but some members are more equal than others (when they have posted a photo) :oh_shucks:

• Moosetales said thank you

#18 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Moose,

To me, you become a member the moment you join the website. This site wouldn't be as popular as it is, if it weren't for our current membership ratings. Sure, we have members who just happened to stumble across the site, but most of our members got involved on the site due to word of mouth from other members. This is the best site on the web, in my opinion, not just because of tractors, but because we cover a variety of topics that include everybody. Some how or some way, there is a topic for each member to become involved with. Not all of our members post, and not all of our members even have tractors, but they are still considered "members" no matter what.

We all try to help out anyway we can, or if we can. That's what makes this site feel like a second family. Not all members have the knowledge that others have, and that's ok. We don't think any less of them. We are just happy that guys are wanting to be part of such a great site and enjoyable hobby. We all share common blood and an interest in learning. Just because some guys don't feel comfortable about posting, doesn't mean they aren't a member, at least in my book.

Each guy here is considered a member and a brother, whether they joined the site when it first started, or just ten minutes ago. I say Welcome aboard, and Thanks for become a member!

Edited by johndeereelfman, January 25, 2013 - 02:44 PM.

• KennyP and Moosetales have said thanks

#19 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Moose,

To me, you become a member the moment you join the website. This site wouldn't be as popular as it is, if it weren't for our current membership ratings. Sure, we have members who just happened to stumble across the site, but most of our members got involved on the site due to word of mouth from other members. This is the best site on the web, in my opinion, not just because of tractors, but because we cover a variety of topics that include everybody. Some how or some way, there is a topic for each member to become involved with. Not all of our members post, and not all of our members even have tractors, but they are still considered "members" no matter what.

We all try to help out anyway we can, or if we can. That's what makes this site feel like a second family. Not all members have the knowledge that others have, and that's ok. We don't think any less of them. We are just happy that guys are wanting to be part of such a great site and enjoyable hobby. We all share common blood and an interest in learning. Just because some guys don't feel comfortable about posting, doesn't mean they aren't a member, at least in my book.

Each guy here is considered a member and a brother, whether they joined the site when it first started, or just ten minutes ago. I say Welcome aboard, and Thanks for become a member!

.........can't forget our female friends.........it's kinda cool that this site isn't a gentleman's club!

• KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:33 PM

When he has way more GREAT friends abroad than he does right there at home!   :thumbs: 

• KennyP, johndeereelfman, Moosetales and 1 other said thanks

#21 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,314 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think it is when a member becomes involved when a member comes login on a regular basis and becomes involved in the conversations going on.  They may or may not be able to help with certain problem but they are there none the less.

Moose that was pretty cool for you to take the pic for Kenny.  :thumbs:

Now if you picked that thing up and delivered it to OK you would be the greatest GTtalk member huh Kenny?woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gi

• KennyP and Moosetales have said thanks

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 05:03 PM

Now if you picked that thing up and delivered it to OK you would be the greatest GTtalk member huh Kenny?woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gi

That would be truly awesome! I'd buy him a T-shirt for that! :bigrofl:

• Moosetales and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#23 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,561 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:01 PM

That would be truly awesome! I'd buy him a T-shirt for that! :bigrofl:

It would have to be a GTTalk T-Shirt!  :thumbs:

#24 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:02 PM

It would have to be a GTTalk T-Shirt!  :thumbs:

You better believe it would be!

#25 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think we have become a member when we put others needs before our own.  Even though I have not met any of you, I feel I know most of you.

• johndeereelfman and Moosetales have said thanks

#26 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,314 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 12:09 PM

I think we have become a member when we put others needs before our own.  Even though I have not met any of you, I feel I know most of you.

Were you in the same asylum with them??