skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 04:33 AM

My dad smokes stuff all the time and most of the time its awesome, but to be honest.. I don't like ribs.... too damned messy .I take ribs and make them in a crock pot with different sauces, pull out the bones and serve over ' taters or rice or if I feel adventurous grits or palenta. All that connective tissue makes the best gravies and sauces. Ohhh yeah!! Now I'm hungry!!!

Edited by skyrydr2, January 25, 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 08:58 AM

My dad smokes stuff all the time and most of the time its awesome, but to be honest.. I don't like ribs.... too damned messy .I take ribs and make them in a crock pot with different sauces, pull out the bones and serve over ' taters or rice or if I feel adventurous grits or palenta. All that connective tissue makes the best gravies and sauces. Ohhh yeah!! Now I'm hungry!!!

Keith if you like the ribs in a crock pot, Put a mess of Potatoes, Sour Kraut and Ribs in and see if that don't make some fine eating.

• skyrydr2 said thank you

#18 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:04 AM

I too like to smoke. My FIL has an almost new 16" Horizon Classic smoker he doesn't use. He told me he would give it to me. Horizon is made by the brother of Oklahoma Joe, and is made here in Oklahoma. I can hardy wait until I get it.

Amigatec: I was not familiar with the Heritage, so I looked it up. That looks like a great smoker, I've never owned one in that price range, yet.  I also looked at the Spitts & Pitts and don't see myself in the $1500-$5000 class for a while yet.

#19 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:32 AM

Keith if you like the ribs in a crock pot, Put a mess of Potatoes, Sour Kraut and Ribs in and see if that don't make some fine eating.

I just might need to try that! Sounds delish-cus !!

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:45 AM

I just might need to try that! Sounds delish-cus !!

Yeah it's kind of like Beef & Noodles(which we had for supper last night), Good old fashioned "Comfort Food"!