I started my engine re-power last night. Just for background, my rig is a Dynamark/MF 14 that had a Kohler K321S that gave me nothing but problems. (see numerous posts by me!)
I purchased a brand new in box Kohler CH620 18HP V-Twin. Here is the first picture.
- new mounting on chassis for engine to bolt on
- Turn battery and gas tank 90 degress and remount (this included cutting the body in numerous areas for fit)
- cutoff mount for pulley on frame below PTO (will be re-welding this to the frame next week)
- Control linkages for throttle and choke were actually long enough!
- Cut notch in frame to accomodate the lower starter bolt
This made for a long night, but was a good one. My buddy and I did all that in about 3.5 hours. Custom mounting plate fabrication and fitting the engine took the longest. The cutting was fast thanks to my plasma cutter :)
- Custom exhaust in the works (going to have custom flanges CNC Milled and use weld els for the manifold)
- New battery cabling and terminations
- Make mounting plate for new electric PTO
- Fit alternate hydraulic pump
- Fit pulley system for attachments