sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:19 PM

I was wondering if there was a club or show that we may could all join/attend this year. Would be nice to have our own group of GT Talk members to form a group and try to attend a few shows. Anybody interested?? Any suggestions on which one and where.....as you know I already travel a good bit so would like to stay close to the Raleigh area but that might not be realistic. Even smaller shows?? Heck maybe we can talk George out of a banner and do some recruiting.....

I know the threshers one in Denton is a big one......so that could be one........(my daughter is getting married the weekend before so it will be cutting it close for me)......

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:26 PM

That would be nice! I am hoping the new year is a little kinder to me so maybe I can get to some shows :D

Raleigh is probably 15 or so hours from me. I know when I moved back here from around Greensboro/Highpoint area it was a 16 hour ride to here.  

#3 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,161 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:35 PM

I get to several shows a year in North Carolina by far the best one would be Denton.Was ask yesterday if i wanted a spot reserved that came open.I thought that with the way the heat is at that time of year i did not want to pay 60.00 and not be able to stay there at night but for a site  for GTT ,i think that could be a possibility 

• sacsr said thank you

#4 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,161 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:39 PM

Here is a link to last years show with pictures

http://gardentractor...eshers-reunion/

• sacsr said thank you

#5 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Any chance that spot was in the trees?? I had planned on going but my good friend who was going with me got over heated the day before it opened -unloading his tractors there......he did not even go back...had someone bring his stuff home. I am sure it will be hot, but this past year was more like a heat wave. Would not be easy for me to stay the whole time but I could stay most of it....also willing to share in the cost.....how big are these "spots"??

thanks

Scott

#6 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:59 PM

That would be nice! I am hoping the new year is a little kinder to me so maybe I can get to some shows :D

Raleigh is probably 15 or so hours from me. I know when I moved back here from around Greensboro/Highpoint area it was a 16 hour ride to here.  

Chris look at it this way, Denton is only about 30-40 miles from Greensboro/Highpoint.....you already know how to get to there......we will help guide you in the rest of the way. :D

• chris m said thank you

#7 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Chris look at it this way, Denton is only about 30-40 miles from Greensboro/Highpoint.....you already know how to get to there......we will help guide you in the rest of the way. :D

I can't wait for the day they develop a Telaporter :D

#8 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,161 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:02 PM

This spot is is in the trees and by the railroad.Down the hill from the concession area room for two tents.plenty of room will be next to another site that we can infringe on if needed

Edited by new restorer, January 22, 2013 - 06:04 PM.

• sacsr said thank you

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Scott, That sounds great, but I went to Denton one time about 15 years ago. Said I would never be back, we had several farm tractors there, and it was SO hot that you could hardly breath let alone walk around to see what everybody else brought. I don't remember a single tree on the property.

• sacsr said thank you

#10 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sounds like you better get your Teramite over there Scott and dig some holes to plant shade trees :D

#11 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,161 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Any chance that spot was in the trees?? I had planned on going but my good friend who was going with me got over heated the day before it opened -unloading his tractors there......he did not even go back...had someone bring his stuff home. I am sure it will be hot, but this past year was more like a heat wave. Would not be easy for me to stay the whole time but I could stay most of it....also willing to share in the cost.....how big are these "spots"??

thanks

Scott

The third picture in the first set of pictures is where the sight is,from what i understand is the people that had the van are the ones giving up there site

Here is a link to last years show with pictures

http://gardentractor...eshers-reunion/

• sacsr said thank you

#12 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Labor day weekend there is a decent show in Silk Hope. Its the Silk Hope old fashioned farmers days. There were a few Gts there this past year, the biggest showing was the local puller club. 

I would like to find some place where we could have a plow day. I know one of the RedSquare guys had a meet and greet last year and they did a little plowing.

http://www.silkhopen...ed-farmers-day/

#13 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Labor day weekend there is a decent show in Silk Hope. Its the Silk Hope old fashioned farmers days. There were a few Gts there this past year, the biggest showing was the local puller club. 

I would like to find some place where we could have a plow day. I know one of the RedSquare guys had a meet and greet last year and they did a little plowing.

http://www.silkhopen...ned-farmers-day

I did get to go to Silk Hope this past year for a day. I met Bobby and he and I walked the show. I could probably do both shows. I am just thinking we could start recruiting now and making plans ......I like the idea of a plow day. Maybe if we could get one some where between Raleigh- Greensboro- and Charlotte.....we could draw a good crowd......let me know how I can be of help.

#14 troubleshooter OFFLINE  

troubleshooter

• Member No: 3939
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:54 PM

Southern farm day's  are March 16th &17th at Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina.

• sacsr said thank you

#15 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Welcome Troubleshooter! Glad to have another North Carolinian on board!