Garden Tractor Forums banner

Score!

4K views 50 replies 20 participants last post by  bolex 
#1 ·
Picked up an S24 at an auction Saturday before last. I don't believe it's as old as the previous owner said it was but, I'm tickled just the same.

#10 ·
Hello crittersf1 ! Welcome to GTTalk! Nice to see another NC gent here. Use the "More Reply Options" on the lower right side of your reply box, then look for the browse button at the bottom of the new box that comes up. The hardest part is figuring out where Windows put your pictures!

Reactions: crittersf1
#11 ·
Welcome to the forum! You can find pic help in my signature. We don't care if it's green, we just want to see it!

#15 ·
Welcome. I'm sure green won't hurt us too much. Glad you joined. I'm sure you will have it red again soon.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
:ditto: but it's getting to the point where we are :deadhorse: now don't take that like we are :poke: because some of us own both color garden tractors and i for one would like to see a speedex in drag uh i mean in green , i have a bolens in black and red and i won't take pics of it so don't feel that we are doing anything other than good natured ribbing in a friendly manor . welcome to GT talk and i hope your visits are informative , and heres the info, look at the frame below the engine on the right side(from seated perspective) there should be numbers and a letter this is the serial # this should be all you need to find out what year it is write it down then go to the speedex manuals section, in this forum in this section there is an entry that has a misc title and in that file is a list of models and year made . the letter will tell you the year and the number is its production number from i belive 001-999 as most speedex's were made in 1000 tractor lots of each size . I hope this helps with ID of year it helped me find out my S24 is a 1969 :thumbs: found the link i think

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/3552-speedex-information-and-sales-brochures/

then click on miscellaneous speedex info and scroll down to the lower part and you will see the list i am refering to

#19 ·
Was green paint on sale some time back? seems everybody is finding stuff in the "Greene" color lately...Wish I had known, I got some green units that could use freshened up, course ALL my other colors need freshened too.. :bigrofl:

So where are the pictures ?? :tapping_fingers:Oh, by the way Welcome aboard, good bunch here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.