Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Tales Of Lousy Labeling?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:47 PM

JDBrian thanks but I am now planning to just start Social Security later this year. I probably won't find work and that may be for my best. The liability has gotten way too scary. I'm tired of arguing with idiots who do not care about hurting people through negligence. I take things way too seriously. It still bothers me that I've had 3 accidents on my jobs in forty years. The men were not injured seriously. The worst was a broken ankle from a fall. The other 2 were cuts with stitches. Fortunately, Army engineers mend fast.

Welcome to the club.  This is what happened to me, AT&T shut down my company and put everyone on the street so when I got of age I started SS and haven't looked back.  Started my 3 rd career in repairing small engines and enjoying life with out traffic.  Sorry to hear you haven't found work but it may be a blessing in disguised.

My biggest beef is trying to work on anything and you have to have ASE and Metric tools. Yet it is american made! 

• Toolpartzman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:24 PM

I guess your supposed to carry a measuring device along to see if things will work. What I hate is the dimensions in mm and nothing along to convert it to good old inches.

Kenny, I have to carry calipers whenever I'm piecing stuff together--like plumbing different materials/fittings etc. My old eyes ain't the same and what used to look like a 1/2" wrench, these days look like 5/8  :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

#18 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:28 PM

I have a similar beef: Price tags, or more specifically, the lack thereof.  If a store can't bother to stick a price tag on or near an item, I just assume it is "for display purposes only" and not for sale.  I've walked out of many stores empty handed after finding exactly what I wanted.  There will always be another store on another day.

Double Ditto !!! If I bother to take it to the checkstand and its too high, I leave it there. If they have to restock enuf maybe they'll start marking it.

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#19 xshooter OFFLINE  

xshooter

• Member No: 2325
  • 34 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:09 PM

I guess your supposed to carry a measuring device along to see if things will work. What I hate is the dimensions in mm and nothing along to convert it to good old inches.

If you have a android smart phone there is an app that I use called metrics conversion. Works great and does more than just conversions.

• KennyP said thank you

#20 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:22 PM

I don't find a problem with ase/ metric on the same machine. I have been working with metrics for over 30 years. I worked for defense contractors in the 80s and work on German built turbines now. The newer cars and atvs seem to be a random mix of both, that require a few extra trips to the toolbox. It just means you need a bigger tool supply to get the job done
  • SearsYellow said thank you

#21 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:53 AM

If you have a android smart phone there is an app that I use called metrics conversion. Works great and does more than just conversions.

I have the smart phone, but it's not smart enough to download the app by itself. And I haven't a clue on how to do that!

#22 HankS ONLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7608
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:33 AM

There is also an app for your phone, RedLaser. Scan the barcode on an item and it will do a search, giving you the price at local stores and online merchants. Pretty handy, you can tell right away if the place down the street has it for less.

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Lemme know when you can scan a woman for her "moral code"...  THEN I'll buy a smart phone.:D

• boyscout862 said thank you