#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,520 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:26 PM

You know your country at heart when any excuse to use the tractor makes you happy.  :D

• johndeereelfman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#17 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:44 PM

"Just a good feeling!"

I feel especially blessed every time I start my GT.  I had to get down off "the big stuff" prematurely because of diminishing central vision.  Near killed me when I sold off all my good ****, boats, 4WD flatbed plow/hauler, M/C's...  I had nothing left with rubber tires but my 2 Gravelys...  Sold them off with the old house.

Over the years my vision stabilized down to about 10% central.  Then Wifey got a little money from her mom's passing and finally got the loaded Explorer she wanted with enough left over to say, "Hey, let's get you a JD tractor!"  She put me back up there where I once belonged, reduced scale maybe, but I'm "runnin' stuff" just the same...  Unless you've lost it once and got some back you really can't understand how good it feels to get in that GT seat and make a machine work again!

Count your blessings, Folks, I count on my sweet one every day, she is one in a million!

• olcowhand, MH81, johndeereelfman and 4 others have said thanks

#18 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Couldnt Have Said It Better Myself Bud, Im Glad There Are Others That Feel The Same Way I Do About This Hobby, Well Said, If It Wouldnt Be For Tractors Who Knows What I Would Be Doing....Im Glad I Found Tractors As a Hobby, I Find It To Be a Blessing

#19 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was thinking about this today at work.  One has to think about something while waiting for the next forklift driver to ram your truck, after all.

What I came up with was:

Cars are like going to see the Rolling Stones for the first time.

Trucks are like listening to Tom Waits when he's really on.

Carpentry, that's like listening to Steve Earle.

Gardening is like stumbling into a bar and finding Hayes Carll and Ray Wylie Hubbard on stage.

Tractors though, that's like sitting around a campfire drinking beer while your musical friends play tunes by all of the above.

Substitute your own singers and hobbies, but you get the idea.  

• johndeereelfman, Delmar and tinbender7 have said thanks

#20 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Once again you are right on Troy, man you got a way with words :thumbs: .

I look at my tractors as a necessary diversion from the world at large.  My tractors are productive, useful and save us a lot of manual labor.  The occasional  :wtf: moment that pops up when I have an "issue" with a machine is usually easily solved, most of our stuff here is pretty basic.  As a hobby I think we could all do a lot worse.  As a lifestyle I think we are all doing a pretty darn good job; ever met an unhappy fellow tractor nut?

Edited by Michiganmobileman, January 22, 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#21 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Lately, with not having a lot of time to spare, due to my long houred work schedule, Nascar trips, and remodeling the kitchen, I find myself constantly thinking about my tractors. While at work, I think about all of the tractors that I want to restore within the next five years, and wonder how this tractor would look with wide rear tires on it, or how that tractor would look with narrow front wheels. I know it's wrong, but I even found myself watching the clock at Church on Sunday mornings, counting down the minutes until I can get home and into the garage. At night, I'll lie awake thinking about what I'm going to do next, whenever the next opportunity comes for me to work in the garage. While working on my wife's kitchen, I'll stop every now and then and just stare out the back window, looking at the garage, and say to myself, the sooner you get done with her kitchen, they sooner you could be out there with them.

When I'm not in the garage, I find that I'm always wishing I could be. All these "next steps" roll through my mind, and I seem to always have a game plan as to what I'm going to do or start on as soon as I step foot in the garage. But you know, it never fails. Whenever I finally get the chance to work on the tractors, my mind seems to go blank and I can't ever remember what it was that I was going to do first. I just stand there wondering what it was. When I do finally remember, the day is shot, and there isn't enough time to start or finish whatever it was that I wanted to do.  :wallbanging:

Oh well. I guess I should just be glad that I got a few minutes with the tractors, although most times it's just enough time to smell the gas. I guess even a messed up day of working with the tractors is better than a good day at work! 

• tinbender7 said thank you

#22 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 09:13 PM

ok, elfman, maybe u are a little ate up....but that ok, so am I and a bunch of other folks here....it's all about our gt's...

I am, at the moment, sittin in a hotel room, on my computer....I am working out of town for the next several months and only get home on the weekends...about an hour ago I talked with a guy on the phone back home about a old riding mower he had for sale on craigs...and I am picking it up Sunday!

Edited by James henry, September 03, 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Troy, I know how you feel. I get a few minutes at lunch, and some GTT time at home... But less garage time than I'd like.

As for the kitchen, you'd never know you had tractors on your mind...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Looking good, bud. :rolling:
  • Bolens 1000, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#24 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:12 AM

As much as I love my John Deere's, that Alan, is just a little too much to handle. I'm not that John Deere queer! :thumbs:

I can just about feel the pain from the #10 Griswald skillet being smacked up along side my head, after telling my wife that that is how I want "her" kitchen to look when I'm done with it. Kathy may be small, but she is mighty when she gets mad enough.  

• Delmar said thank you

#25 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Oh come on Troy, time to come clean.  Your wife sent me this pic of your fave outfit to wear when the kids are out of the house.  She's worried about ya man!  :boo_hoo: .................   :bigrofl: 

JD Undies.jpeg

• MH81, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 2 others have said thanks

#26 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Your wife sent me this pic of your fave outfit to wear when the kids are out of the house.  

Daniel, I know that's no true! My undies are a John Deere yellow G-string with the words "She thinks my tractors Sexy" embroidered across the front of them. There is red button hidden in the back strap, just between the cheeks, that when pushed, it makes a "put put" sound. 

I'm sorry, but you grossed me out with a vision of me wearing that outfit, so the least I could do was return the favor!  :poke:

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#27 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:50 PM

Daniel, I know that's no true! My undies are a John Deere yellow G-string with the words "She thinks my tractors Sexy" embroidered across the front of them. There is red button hidden in the back strap, just between the cheeks, that when pushed, it makes a "put put" sound.

I'm sorry, but you grossed me out with a vision of me wearing that outfit, so the least I could do was return the favor! :poke:

When Daniel said she had sent a pic of your favorite outfit that you wear, I was afraid he was going to say you wear one of these...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#28 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:56 PM

Now that my friend, I wouldn't mind seeing my wife in!!!!  :love:

• olcowhand, MH81, Delmar and 1 other said thanks

#29 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Now that my friend, I wouldn't mind seeing my wife in!!!! :love:

They're made in the USA and have several "options"
http://www.bathsheba...cials/PAGE8.htm

And no, I didnt already have it bookmarked... It was a google hit... Honest. :D
  • KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#30 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 08:02 PM

Well Thanks Alan! I owe you one buddy. I opened up your link, and while I was checking out the John Deere model, my wife caught me. I was expecting the #10 Griswald skillet up along side the head, but instead was told that I'm sleeping in the garage tonight. Really? That is where I've been wanting to be for the past three weeks!  :thumbs:  I guess I'll have time with the tractors after all! Alan, you da man!  :D

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks