Bolens 1050 Rear End

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is there any place you can buy any gears for the rear end without it being an outrageous price? I have 3 bolens tractors, a 650 and two 1050 and all of them the first gear is shot, wanting too replace the gear but can't ever find a parts tractor reasonable and can't find anywhere they sell any rear end parts at, and also the one rear end doesn't stay in gear, I take it the springs are worn out? Havent found any of thos either. Any information is helpful. Thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,476 Thanks
  • 17,095 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Welcome to GTT! :wave:

There are still a good amount of NOS gears available but the prices have about doubled over the last few years. I have seen the cluster gear bring over $125 and some people on ebay are asking over $250 for some of them :wallbanging:

You may want to check with our site sponsors as they may have a NOS one at a decent price or they may have a fairly good used one.

Unfortunately it is quite common for these gears to be worn due to people shifting before the drive shaft has stopped completely. When you do find a replacement I'd take a look at your brake pads and brake plate to see if they need replacement so you don't have to worry when you find a replacement gear.

There's a good group of Bolens guys here that are knowledgeable and willing to help, we love pictures here so if you get a chance we would love to see pictures of your Bolens :thumbs:

#3 Chucknbob OFFLINE  

• Member No: 22241
  • 90 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:47 PM

I know Bob Lawn and Garden has several old bolens that they sell parts off of. He's one of the site sponsors, shoot him an email.

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 05:17 PM

Another Hoosier    :welcometogttalk:

#5 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 06:59 PM

I really appreciate it thanks! I did find on ebay the spring for ten dollars, I didn't know they had an adjustment, always find out something new about these tractors. It's disappointing that people abuse them and tear up the rear ends, thos prices are outrageous, might as well keep tryin too buy parts tractors, cheaper then buying $250 for a couple gears, thanks for all the information!

#6 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Welcome to GTtalk. I figure you'll find your parts and a few more you didn't know you wanted soon Enjoy the forum in betweentime & don't forget the :camera: