#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 11:19 PM

Spending too much time on here, reading the same stuff over and over to see if I missed things! Starting to get into my "Nasty" mode in my postings I think! I get this way when it's cold and I can't get out and work on my stuff. Been buying too much on epay now and stuff still coming in! Wife wants to cancel my membership on epay, heh!  Haven't told her about the latest tractor I bought and have to retreive out of State yet!  Pulling my own reins in now, gotta be paying the piper for awhile.  Garage is so full of stuff, can barey work in there. Need to strip and paint many things, too cold for that. Have to make a priority list for things to do. I'll never finish  alot of stuff this year, I'm sure. Tractors all set-up for snow, then none comes! Just gets colder!  Man, I wish it was at least March!  Maybe I should start bringing things into the kitchen to work on......yeah......that's a work station!  Sink is parts washer....oven for heating things.......Naw!  Wife wouldn't appreciate that probly.  hmmm.......she works long hours in day when I'm still home............. :tmi:  :smilewink:

• boyscout862, A.C.T. and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 11:28 PM

March will be here before you know it.  Have you thought about insulating your shop and heating it?

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 11:54 PM

It IS already! Just to be able to work I have to remove a tractor or two and shuffle stuff around to do that. Then when all tired and dirty, gotta cram it all back in!  Get's old Quick!  Gotta get rid of some stuff this year, stick to what I have and finish something!  I have four big Molines in a three car garage and all run/drive, just take up space. Really need a gravel floored addition on garage just to keep finished ones in. Another 24 x 24 on back would work for Me!  Even without windows and just a sliding door. Wife says NO, better to Loose some of the stuff than to accomadate!  She threatens to call junk man if I die or get sick in future!  I can't decide to move the tractors on, or her!! :mad2:  :rolling:

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 06:43 AM

I feel for you lol . I was planning " winter projects" but never seen to get them going like you , stuffs burried in the garage , cold ect . Oh well as least we can keep up with others durning the winter here on GTT, Al

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 07:02 AM

I've been lucky to work outside so far. Got a few more things for the trailer to do. But the coldest part is yet to come. Then I'll be setting here staring at the screen.

#6 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 927 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Same here i think of all the things i could be doing in garage but then i think its cold in garage. Thanks to GTT i have something to do in warm spot. Will be glad when spring comes.

#7 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Here is a GT for that cabin fever!

fli0818-b2tblawnmwr01jpg-ee69103e6ee63741.jpg

• jms180 said thank you

#8 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:26 AM

It IS already! Just to be able to work I have to remove a tractor or two and shuffle stuff around to do that. Then when all tired and dirty, gotta cram it all back in!  Get's old Quick!  Gotta get rid of some stuff this year, stick to what I have and finish something!  I have four big Molines in a three car garage and all run/drive, just take up space. Really need a gravel floored addition on garage just to keep finished ones in. Another 24 x 24 on back would work for Me!  Even without windows and just a sliding door. Wife says NO, better to Loose some of the stuff than to accomadate!  She threatens to call junk man if I die or get sick in future!  I can't decide to move the tractors on, or her!! :mad2:  :rolling:

Hmm! maybe it's time to call Mike and Frank (American Pickers) in to help clear out some space.  :bigrofl:

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,755 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Starting to get into my "Nasty" mode in my postings I think!

Honestly, we haven't noticed...................................

:bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :deadhorse:

#10 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:22 PM

for me it takes too long to get my shop to warm up before i can do much out there and i still have clean so i can find my tools the are lost on my work benchs and need to get christmas decorations outa the shop an into the attic.

#11 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Would have to be a monkey (small too) to get into that "phone booth" tractor! Wonder what you can SEE from in there! Weight and rope on door to close it??  Patio on roof for sunning! Looks like something from Oriental country!  Can we say "FLEX" when you drive?

#12 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Happy to join the "grump-off" proceedings!  I hear ya on that "surly cabin fever" feeling.  I was already bummed out after losing that 4 acre "farm" deal and "spring-like" winter weather here wasn't helping much...  After fighting the last 2 3.5" "blizzards" I started to come out of it a little.  I finally kicked myself in the a$$ and decided to clear out the back of the shop to make room for a drillpress and some other fabbing stuff...  Now I need more 5# bags for all the10# bags worth of "stuff".  There's just never enough room and no matter how much room you have, like the tide it all seems to fill in the corners and overheads... 

I WANT SNOW!