Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Hope I Have The Same Luck As Kenny.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Our Granddaughter turned 16 this past summer so she kind of took over my SUV although we were supposed to share.  Anyway I decided to get used truck to pull the trailer and use to pick up part etc.  I decided to get a used truck since I didn't want a payment and it will only be used once in a while.

So I started looking and while I've been looking Kenny's thread about how tractors just jump into the bed of his trucks.  Well I figured it had to be a Dodge thing and since I have never owned a Dodge I figured why not!  :smilewink:   So I now have a new to me 2000 Dodge Dakota, so maybe a small tractor can jump in.  :rolling:  Seriously though it was a good deal and the best shape of all of them I looked at.

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Good luck with the Dakota, Bill! I'm very happy with this Ram. Terry bought it new, it's got a ton of miles on it. But it has had very few problems. Most all the miles are highway miles. It's got over 192,000 on it and going strong.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Nice looking truck, Bill. I hope its as successful as Kenny's for attracting tractors. I don't think a big electromagnet in the bed was ever a Dodge option. Might be one of Kenny's special builds.

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:04 PM

well, 1st time Dodge owner,  hope you like it;   I have been a lifetime hard core Dodge man  have not deviated very far I have  owned a couple of Jeeps, is the farthest I've "strayed"   my wife drives a 97 Cherokee   and we have the 97 Wrangler too...

my 1st car was a 76 charger my 2nd was a 75 Cordoba, then a Ramcharger, etc,, all with 318s, my son seen pix of my Ramcharger when he was about 12 and decided that he had to have one... and he now does. (the difference is his 89 has no rust since, it came from the desert; while my 79, was as much Bondo as steel by the time I got it in 88 or 89); I too, now drive a Dakota/ it was a heck of an adjustment, being my last several had been 3/4 ton Dodge trucks....they don't make a car worth a $#!t  but then again NOBODY does any more... I don't see myself, ever being without a truck.

I see your Dakota is a clubcab so is my 93... can't buy a new  clubcab any more.  

What engine does that truck have?

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Excellent deal Bill, Hope you are just as lucky as Kenny.

#6 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Congratulations Bill.  That looks like a decent truck. 

If you get GT's lured into the bed, let us know how you and Kenny do it.  I've been looking at the 2013 Dodge trucks, perhaps this will put me over the edge.  lol

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Nice looking truck, Bill. I hope its as successful as Kenny's for attracting tractors. I don't think a big electromagnet in the bed was ever a Dodge option. Might be one of Kenny's special builds.

Shhh! Don't be letting my secrets out!

#8 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:33 PM

It has the V6 magnum engine.  I have been a big Ford truck guy, I've had a Ranger several F-150 and E-250 and my last truck was an F-250 with a V10.  When Gas started climbing a few years ago, I was driving to and from Atlanta about 100 miles a day and gas was eating our budget alive so I sold it to our son and bought a Kia Sportage which has done OK until our Granddaughter got her license.   I have a couple of buddies who are big Dodge guys so I have been taking some ribbing from them but that's OK.  So far I really like the truck and I hope that it will serve me well.

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Bill, Those Dakotas are great truck. You will really enjoy it and how it pulls. Good Luck.. :thumbs:

#10 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 09:49 PM

Those Dakotas are much like our tractors as they work bigger than they are.  I'm a Ford man but Dodge is a very close second as the first truck I ever owned was a Dakota.  Great truck and the only reason I gave it up was I needed more space in the cab for a growing family.  I had an 88 regular cab with an 8 foot bed.  Man that thing would haul.  Looks like you got a real nice one.  Hope it does right by you for many years.

Edited by David Brown, January 20, 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#11 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:14 PM

the 3,9 is basically 3/4 of a 318 V8 and many parts actually do interchange;  I have had a few of both   the 3.9 has a reputation of being long lasting, but not a gas mileage champ;  I get the same sometimes, and usually better out of my 318, than I did in my  last 3.9... and most of the forums I participate in, are Dodge based ones; and most will tell you the same thing.  I got a best of 17-some from my 3.9 but regularly see 20, out of my 318 Dakota/  though mine is the older "boxier" one, and is actually lighter than yours is...

With reasonable care and maintenance (oil changes and such) there is no reason. not to fully expect 200K+  from that engine/  the 1st thing I would do is a full tuneup to include a cap, rotor wires plugs and filters/PCV   (Don't waste the money on Bosch plugs but don't cheap out on cap rotor or wires))  and then drive the snot out of it

#12 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Those Dakotas are much like our tractors as they work bigger than they are.  I'm a Ford man but Dodge is a very close second as the first truck I ever owned was a Dakota.  Great truck and the only reason I gave it up was I needed more space in the cab for a growing family.  I had an 88 regular cab with an 8 foot bed.  Man that thing would haul.  Looks like you got a real nice one.  Hope it does right by you for many years.

exactly why I sold my 1st Dakota too; a '90 with the 8' bed, I liked being able to haul 8' 2X4s and be able to close the tailgate and "not" have them laying on top of the tailgate full 4X8 sheets the same way only on top of the wheelwells instead of between them like a full size

#13 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:01 AM

I have a buddy that i just did a major  side job on an Intrepid   this guy has a '00 Dakota that he is gonna be selling soon  not sure on money but  if I didn't already have a driveway full, I'd certainlly be buying that truck... seems he needed to go back to a 4WD due to his work  (more so its location on a back country road that isnt exactly the 1st to get plowed when we do get snow)

#14 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:06 AM

Bill that is a good looking Dodge! Good luck trying to be like Kenny. I wish I was so lucky.

#15 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:21 AM

Bill, this is Kenny's other truck. Good luck!

brinks.jpg

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks