Saturday I was able to do some more work to the tractor. I started by
putting rubber fuel line over rod bolts so they didn't damage the
crankshaft when I put pistons back in engine. I put my ring compressor
on the piston and pushed it into the cylinder. I did put assembly lube
on the rod bearings and installed rods onto the crankshaft. I finally
cleaned up the oil pan. It was full of black sludge but that sludge
probably kept the oil pan from rusting on the inside since
it had about a pint of water in it when I drained it. After I cleaned
the inside I sanded the outside which was rusty and blah.
After wiping it down with lacquer thinner and gave it several
coats of semi gloss black paint. After pan dried I installed it and
installed a new oil filter and filled the crankcase with fresh oil.
One of my big concerns was if the oil pump was going to work.
I pumped all of the oil passages with oil and put plugs back in and
installed the battery. I put motor oil in the cylinders and Cranked the engine
over with the starter. While I was cranking I keep spraying oil into the
cylinders and after about a minute or so I got oil pressure and oil came
out the oil line to the head and the rocker arms. I am so excited. next
up is I need to press two new valve guides into the head and assemble
the valves back into the head and install head onto the engine.
Edited by fxrs55, March 31, 2013 - 09:16 PM.