• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi Guys; does anyone know of a reasonably priced online parts supplier for kubota, i know their stuff is not cheap, but possibly some after market stuff, i bought a kubota b6100 3 cly diesel, hydro, mid mount mower for $500, just got a diesel compression tester for it at harbour frieght ($25 great deal)  compression is 125-150 slightly higher wet tested, think he burned the rings as he was not running a rad cap on it, if i could find a complete rebuild kit- minus the pistons and rods  might be the way to go. thanks for any input

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Dad had to overhaul one of his Kubotas a couple of years ago and at that time there was no aftermarket parts available.  Kubota wouldn't allow it.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:08 AM

I would suggest doing a google search for 'Kubota parts supplier' or something similiar in your own words, and see what you get.

Good luck with the search.

Dick

#4 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:10 AM

now why is that? anything north american made (im canadian) always has a cheap jap, chinese, korean aftermarket/ knock off part. but when it comes to their stuff they are sure to enforce our copyright laws against us, something should be done, yeh i know, i should of bought a deere, or are they made there too!  funny thought i was buying wagner brakes for my dakota, i bought them , paid a premium as they said on the box made in usa , well the box might have been but all the steel castings said china, what a rip off, i checked the next set for my lincoln same thing, i dont buy wagner parts anymore

• Gtractor said thank you

#5 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Welcome to the old school kubota club, I've got a geared b5100. It came with a worn out belly mower and a new finish mower. I've been looking ever since for parts for the belly mower and can't find them. I've looked for other-than-factory parts suppliers too and have not had any luck.