OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Gentlemen, I need your help, as I am pretty clueless about the Simplicity/AC tractors

I bought a Bolens with a Forklift attachment on it, and in the weight box I got some wheel weights, that I have been told are for the Simplicity/AC tractors.  There is also another weight which I'm told is for a 2 wheel walk behind.

I will be selling them and would like to have your input as to what a fair asking price would be.

Here is a pic of the weights in question. I do have two the the weights on the left.  It was just easier to take the pic using one.

100_4472.JPG

ETA:

For reference, the Bolens weight on the right is for the 15" wheel.

Edited by OldBuzzard, January 20, 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,794 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:23 AM

Most wheel weights that I see in CT on CL are $75 to $150 a pair. If you want a rule of thumb, I would look at something like $1 per lbs. I would also look at swapping. A friend(sold me his HT23 for $150) has a set of Bolens wheel weights on his CC. When I can find a pair of CC weights he'll swap. I expect that you are keeping the Bolens weight. You should go back and ask about the weight that disappeared. Good Luck

• herbfarts said thank you

#3 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'll be selling the Bolens weights as well. They are for 15" wheels, and all of mine are 12".

I did call about the 'missing' weight. I'm not upset that I didn't get it. I found out why it went missing, and may still end up with it.as part of a set.

• boyscout862 said thank you