• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 03:32 PM

that sounds cool;  but what I was meaning is that the 1st GT that IH came out with in late 1962 didn't have a model number, powered by a 7HP Kohler and now a days is referred to as a "Cub Original" it has a square deck with a cogged belt between spindles

Sorry for the confusion.  I was thinking Cub original was the real Cub garden tractor not the stuff made today by MTD. 

Jeff

#32 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 03:38 PM

Actually the Cub "ORIGINAL" was available in 1960 thru 1963. IH built 100 Proto-types in 1960 for testing. 1964 IH released the model "70" and "100" as their second generation GT. The model "125" was in production from 1967 to 1969.

This Hydraulic lift is from a "125", it is from a 67-69 year model tractor and not off an "ORIGINAL"

Texas, thanks for the education.  I'll pass that info onto my friend.  He believes his GT is a 63. 

Jeff

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#33 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Texas, thanks for the education.  I'll pass that info onto my friend.  He believes his GT is a 63. 

Jeff

Jeff, If you can get the Serial # for me, I'll let you know what the year is. :thumbs:

• Watchdog said thank you

#34 whst400 OFFLINE  

whst400
  • Member No: 10929
  • 25 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 11:06 PM

This pump was made by the Hein-Werner Company. It is the same basic style as the optional "HY-2 and HY-3 sold by Wheel Horse in the early '60s. It was also used on the Wheel Horse 953, 1054 and 1054A. It will pick up two-three hundred pounds on a Wheel horse, but doesn't have a lot of travel (six or seven inch range). The reservoir only has a one and a half quart capacity. As someone mentioned earlier it has an internal pressure bypass valve that will open if you overload it.

At full throttle it will move the ram end to end in about three seconds. The best feature of these systems is they push the ram in either direction, so using one for a lift gives you both up and down pressure. That comes in really handy when using a dozer blade to move dirt.

• KennyP and Watchdog have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parts