#1 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,426 Thanks
  • 4,616 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:32 PM

The forklift arrived :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

It was on a tilt trailer and once off the trailer we used the HDT to tow it into place.

I got a better look at the way it's mounted, and the rear is using the implement tabs on the rear axle.  Did not get a pic of that as it's hard to see, and the ground is too danged wet to be laying down to get a clear view with the camera.

In the video, you could see in the weight box a black 'mushroom shaped' wheel weight.  I was hoping to get that as I think it was a Bolens front wheel weight.  However they pulled that rascal out before delivering it.  However there were 2 other sets of wheel weights, one set of which I think may be for the 15" tires, and another smaller set.  There is also what appears to be either an EK or LK rear weight.

Three out of the 4 tires are still holding air, the one of the front is already flat.  They were aired up yesterday afternoon.  That isn't all that important as I'll be putting new tires on it anyway.

Don't know when I'll get it running, as there is a major cold snap coming for the next week or so.  I'm hoping that it won't take much to get it running.

The major problem as far as I can see, is that the hydro foot pedel seems to be bound up, as it doesn't want to move.  I can see that it's TRYING to move at the trans, but something seems to be stopping it.

On an unrelated note...the rear tires for the HDT showed up yesterday :D :D  Those will wait until warmer weather as well.

Enough rambling...here are the pics

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4472.JPG
  • 100_4473.JPG
  • 100_4475.JPG
  • 100_4476.JPG
  • 100_4477.JPG

• daytime dave, Bruce Dorsi, KennyP and 8 others have said thanks

#2 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:37 PM

That looks great OB.  I hope you get it running soon.  The lift is impressive.

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,462 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:57 PM

The weight on the left in the picture is a Simplicity/Allis Chalmers weight and I think the center weight may also be Simplicity but I'm not sure

That is a front weight for a Sim/AC 2 wheel tractor, I have one just like it.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,531 Thanks
  • 6,382 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'ld have to remove most of junk from back weight box. That concrete barrel is UGLY!   That bubble light on hood would be Gone!

Looking at forks, must be for vertical packaging???  :smilewink: Quite and exhaust, looks kinda new. Anything holding that Up!

#5 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,504 Thanks
  • 7,630 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 01:38 PM

I think I would point that exhaust away from the load. Nothing like shooting hot gasses at what you are lifting.

I still hate you though

#6 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,324 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 01:58 PM

That looks great!  I think you will have a lot of fun with that and setting it up the way you want.

#7 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Looks pretty clean and whole, will be nice to see what you do with it.

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:12 PM

Very cool machine, I like it.

#9 MailmAn OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Wow, that thing is kind of a low-rider, wouldn't you say?  With that lower forklift frame that runs under the tractor, it doesn't look like there is a whole lot of clearance under there.  Unless it is just long grass that makes it look lower than it is?  I'd imagine you'd have to drive it on pretty flat surfaces to avoid bottoming out.

That weight box looks pretty bulged out from use and all the weight that has been stuffed in there.  Plus, with that trailer hitch there, I'm assuming it is also bent from towing trailers around as well?  That poor tractor looks like it had a hard life if from nothing else that just lugging around the excess weight of that forklift frame and huge rear weight box, not to mention moving around tons of pallets of up to 750 Lbs (if not sometimes more?).  IDK how difficult it would be to separate that forklift from the tractor (or more importantly how difficult it would be to put it back on...) but I'd imagine you'd want to do that to get a better look at the tractor itself and assess its condition.  Carring around that kind of weight all the time, I'd be very worried about a worn out front axle assembly or possibly even some bent front axle spindles.  Also want to be sure that the whole tractor's frame isn't bent or damaged at all, even though you already said it looks pretty rust-free.  The rear wheel bearings are probably also trashed from moving around all that weight in the weight box.

Plus, I'm sure you will want to tear it all apart to restore it and repaint it all to the original factory colors... :smilewink:   :poke:

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:48 PM

I seems that Bolens tractors were adapted to all kinds of unique attachments. It does seem like a lot of weight for it to carry around. It would be hard to pass that up no matter what the condition of the tractor. You could restore the lift, mount it on one of your other large frames and put it to use without having to rebuild the entire tractor. Depends on what you find when you dig into it I guess. Keep us posted!

#11 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Very impressive OB, nice score!

#12 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,426 Thanks
  • 4,616 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 04:02 PM

The first order of business will be putting new tires on all the way around, then getting the engine running, and then getting the tractor moving under it's own power.

At this point I'm thinking of putting a pair or Deestone D408's on the rear.  They are 8-ply and have a nice high load rating.  Not sure about the fronts yet.  The tires on it are REALLY small.  They are 5.90 x 8's and that just seems way too small.  But then, it's been like that for who knows how many years, so I guess they were 'good enough'.

If I can find some wide rim 8" wheels, I'd like to put a pair of V61's on front.  Barring that, I'll try to find the 10" fronts, and put a pair of 20-8-10 's on it like my other 1886 has.

#13 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,275 Thanks
  • 4,031 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 04:11 PM

That's awesome OB! That is one attachment that I would get a lot of use out of around here.

Congrats and good luck with it! :thumbs:

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,485 Thanks
  • 17,099 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Congrats on the attachment!

Looks like she's had a tough life by the looks of it. Was it stored outside?

Hood looks off a different model tractor judging by those decals...

#15 190forklift OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6378
  • 36 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:14 PM

I,m the guy with the 1966 case 190 forklift and that mast looks to be just like mine with a little different hook up on the bottom. Mine look at least that bad and i completely tore it down fixed everything, painted and put it back together, some of you may have seen it at Evansville last summer, that things handier than a pocket on a shirt. You will use that a lot with these small tractors. Great find and good luck and have fun restoring it. 190forklift