#31 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hi David,

Is there any sort of entry fee, or membership charge with this event?

#32 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Dangit. Oh we'll, thanks for asking. Let me know if you hear of it coming up for sale again.

#33 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Howard, there is a $5 fee when you sign the release waiver.
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#34 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Also, the BBQ lunch will be another $5

#35 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Howard, there is a $5 fee when you sign the release waiver.

I hope to be bringing two of my kids, will they need to sign or pay?

#36 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 10:52 AM

If they are going to be plowing, they definitly need to sign.  Its just a release waiver saying you are responsible for anything that happens to you.  Not us, not the farm, not joe next door.  No biggie.  Im no sure on kids having to pay.  Vince hasnt told me about that one.  Im thinking no.  But Ive been wrong before.

#37 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 11:30 AM

If they are going to be plowing, they definitly need to sign.  Its just a release waiver saying you are responsible for anything that happens to you.  Not us, not the farm, not joe next door.  No biggie.  Im no sure on kids having to pay.  Vince hasnt told me about that one.  Im thinking no.  But Ive been wrong before.

Certainly reasonable in this day and time.

#38 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Just hung up the phone with Vince. Kids under 16 are no charge.

#39 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Had a bit of time today to work on one of my Masseys.  Even though I've got water in the front tires, the front end gets a bit light, so:

GEDC0024.JPG GEDC0026.JPG

Just want to clarify, I didn't scavenge my weight plates for those, I picked up to full sets of weight from apartments where people moved out, left them, and I had to move them anyway, so I brought them home.   :rolling:  :rolling:

I scavenged most everything because a) I wasn't sure whether it would do any good and b) I didn't have a lot of time to put into them.

#40 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 10:42 PM

Every little bit helps Howard.  I cant wait to see that Massey turning some dirt.  I hope yall are able to make it!

#41 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • Member No: 601
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Cool idea on the weight bracket Howard.  Got the motor back in the Massey 1855 last week and ran it some trying to seat the rings.  I hope everything works right so I can bring it to plow day.  Only 6  days left and looking forward to seeing some old and new faces.

#42 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 08:29 PM

We wouldn't be able to make it down this year but I will be putting this on the schedule for next year. I hope you all have a great time.

• mowinman2 said thank you

#43 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 08:37 PM

George, that would be really cool for you to make it down here next year. I had planned on coming up the the PA plow day. Even had a friends house to stay in, but after the farmer and Vince set the date for this plow day, I knew I couldn't do both. Not enough money, or time off work.

Hopefully, next year will be planned out a little better so we can all do some out of state plowing!
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#44 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Don B, of Dillsburg PA is coming down for the Redneck Plow day. Larry Sipe made it down last year for a great photo session. Maybe all of y'all can do some sort of convoy or truck-pool.

Just a thought!
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#45 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ok guys, here is the newest developments from Vince. 

Plowing on Friday afternoon will start around 3 or3:30pm.  This is the ideal time to get there and test and tune your plow to the local soil conditions.  If you cant make it, we are going to try to have a set up area for Saturday morning.

Friday night dinner plans have kinda changed.  Last year we went to the Golden Corral.  This year we are going to try something new, and cookout at the plow fields.  We were thinking that after the evening plowing, there wasnt too much of a "get to know everyone" and BS session.  We went straight to eat, and then mostly everyone went back to the hotels.  By cooking at the plow fields, we can all hang around and make fun of Vince.  He is going to bring his grill from home, and a big cooler full of ice.  On your way to Beechwood Farms, stop and pick up something you would like to grill, and then throw it in the cooler when you get there.  We can all share the grill, and have a better BS session with everyone.  If you dont want to cook out, you could run over to the Burger King or Subway right down the road.  We're just trying something new here, and if it sucks, and everyone hates it, we can go back to Golden Corral next time.  DONT forget a chair and something to drink.

As for Saturday morning... We're going to try to have a drivers meeting by 9am so please get there before.  There will be a release waiver for everyone to sign, whether you are plowing or watching.  There will also be a $5 fee to plow, and ages 16 and under are free.  The T-shirts you ordered will be passed out when you register.  There will be a BBQ lunch plate available, also for $5. 

Of course there will be the swap meet area, so bring your junk (treasures) to sell. 

Keep doing those anti rain dances, as the weather predictions look decent enough.  Remember last year, we had a huge down pour the early morning of, and we still ended up having a great turnout and not too bad soil conditions for plowing.  Dont let a little rain in the forecast keep you at home.

Any questions, please dont hesitate to email me or Vince.  We will keep you updated with any more details as we get closer.  5 more days guys!!!!

David