#1 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:23 PM

GTTalk members, I am posting this for a friend to help him get the word out.  I am not the host of the plow day, but can help with most all of your questions.  Please spread the word, and lets make this years plow day even better than before!
David aka Mowinman2

Well guys and gals we're a go for RNPD this year at Beechwood Farms

April 19th & 20th
184 Bates Bridge Rd
Travelers Rest, SC 29690

Im still working with Billy and his sister on what fields to use. Remember Im at the mercy of them as this is their living. Also Todds brother in law is going to cook for us, he runs some BBQ places in the greenville area. As I find out more on the food Ill pass it along.

We will do like we did last year, and plow a bit on Friday evening, and then go eat. The main plowing will be done on Saturday. I hope that we wont be so wet this year, and if we have as much fun as we did last it will be a great time. Last year Billy was so impressed in how professional we all were, and I say thank you for that, because thats why we're able to do this again.

I look forward to seeing everyone again and bring some friends along for a good time!

Thanks Vince

Here are some pics I took last year.  Hopefully, I can add your faces to the camera this year!  Thats Vince himself on the Deere not wanting to be seen.

Any questions, please dont hesitate to ask.  Ill be updating this as soon as I hear anything else from Vince.

Thanks

David

Attached Thumbnails

• P5120246.jpg
  • P5120248.jpg
  • P5130273.jpg
  • P5130279.jpg
  • P5130308.jpg
  • P5130336.jpg
  • P5130338.jpg
  • P5130398.jpg

• sacsr, VSTROM803 and mustdive have said thanks

#2 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 07:04 PM

That is pretty close. I wont have a tractor to take but I will try to come by and see all the fun.

#3 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 09:44 PM

William, it will definitely be worth a little day trip down to Greenville.  Probably only about an hour drive for you!

• mustdive said thank you

#4 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 11:12 PM

About an hour and a half for me still not a bad drive

#5 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 05:45 AM

I live in SC and am a bit new to garden tractors. I hope to come up and check this out. Looks like a lot of fun!

#6 vince_o OFFLINE  

vince_o
  • Member No: 25799
  • 15 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Willie & vstrom 

It will be fun for sure. David is going to handle all the postings for me on this site, never been here before, and he braggs about how much he likes it. If your just up in gaston co it aint far, well worth the trip. Someone will have extra tractors and no one plows all day except a guy name Earnest. He was new to the plow days 2 years ago and barrowed one of mine and I didnt see him for 2 hours, LOL. He had a blast and came again last year. In the past Ive kept it to 25 horse and under more or less just garden tractors and compacts. This year I should have enough land that if one wanted to bring something bigger it will be fine. All I ask is that you dont plow so deep that someone behind you get high centered. 

I think the biggest part of the day is that you get to meet so many people and see some differant set ups. The kids always have a big time. Last year my youngest got on a guys diesel cub and was plowing so good, for a while, seems he kept fogetting to put the plow down, LOL. 

Someone will break down run out of fuel, these people play havoc with getting their pic posted on the net! I think the funnest one is where Earl ran out and was waving the red bandana in the center of the field for help. 

You can plow disk till show ride around dosnt mater just have fun thats what its all about. We have a small swap meet too so if you want to buy some junk its there or sell some junk its there, LOL thats what my wife calls it. 

I hope to see you guys there Ill be the fat guy on a tractor, that should narrow it down!  :bounce:

• twostep and mustdive have said thanks

#7 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Looks like fun, hopefully I can make it. Still a long drive for me. Saw the Georgia Bulldog t-shirt so I know it must be a good group!

#8 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:05 AM

About an hour and a half for me still not a bad drive

Thats barely even long enough to get your Suburban warmed up.  You'll be there in a flash, and amongst other like minded nut jobs like me.  Not too mention all the good looking tractors.

#9 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:07 AM

I live in SC and am a bit new to garden tractors. I hope to come up and check this out. Looks like a lot of fun!

I hope you can make it too.  Its certainly worth your time.  But be warned, if you get on a tractor and start plowing, its likely you will be there the next year with a plow tractor.  Once you get bit, its hard to shake the disease.  Ive let 2 guys that were on the side lines just watching, use mine to see what its like, and they havent quit yet.  One of them is from PA, and he is coming back and bringing his own this year!

#10 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:10 AM

Looks like fun, hopefully I can make it. Still a long drive for me. Saw the Georgia Bulldog t-shirt so I know it must be a good group!

It would be really cool to see a Bush Hog plowing.  Hope you can swing it.  The GA Bulldog shirt got covered in so much mud, you couldnt even see what team he was representing.  Thats when everyone started talking to him.  HAHA.  AJ came up from Georgia and has a great looking 322.  His daughter even plowed some!

• sacsr said thank you

#11 vince_o OFFLINE  

vince_o
  • 15 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 09:06 PM

VSTROM803

What part of sc do you live? 

#12 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Willie................come on down and I will put you on the CREAM OF THE CROP when it comes to garden tractors (JD 430) and you let plow a couple of rounds......................lol and dont listen to Vince.........he thinks all tractors are supposed to be Yellow and White........lol

Edited by Robert Webb, January 21, 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Willie................come on down and I will put you on the CREAM OF THE CROP when it comes to garden tractors (JD 430) and you let plow a couple of rounds......................lol and dont listen to Vince.........he thinks all tractors are supposed to be Yellow and White........lol

Well Vince is wrong!   They should all be red!  I still think my JD430 would look awesome in new red paint!  :smilewink: 

• mowinman2 said thank you

#14 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:12 AM

VSTROM803

What part of sc do you live? 

I live in Sumter. My in-laws live in Pickens so, I'm up there quite often and usually make it to "Farm Days" in Dacusville.

#15 vince_o OFFLINE  

vince_o
  • 15 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:29 AM

You know that this year was the last for farm days in Dacusville, cause Randy died. Everyone said its just not the same with out him so they probly wont do it anymore. 

Next time your going to be up here shoot me an email we will get togeather and tell lies, LOL