• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 tedprice1 OFFLINE  

tedprice1
  • Member No: 60556
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 04:39 PM

Gents:    I have an early model Case 444 with the Kohler 14 HP engine that uses the bet starter/generator motor.  My repair manual shows one

that has a timing mark on the   flywheel and an sight hole in the flywheel cover.

Does anyone know what the instructions are in adjusting the time on this engine with no time mark on the flywheel or a sight hole in the cover ?

tdprice1

#17 tedprice1 OFFLINE  

tedprice1
  • Member No: 60556
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 04:06 PM

I NEED A SLEEVE BEARING PULLER TO REMOVE THE AXLE SLEEVE BUSHING FROM MY CASE 444. THE BUSHING

ID.  IS  1.185  INCHES AND IS RECESSED  1.85 INCHES DEEP IN THE AXLE HOUSING.

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHERE I MAY OBTAIN A PULLER THAT WILL REACH AND REMOVE THIS BRASS BUSHING ?

TEDPRICE1

#18 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 04:29 PM

I NEED A SLEEVE BEARING PULLER TO REMOVE THE AXLE SLEEVE BUSHING FROM MY CASE 444. THE BUSHING

ID.  IS  1.185  INCHES AND IS RECESSED  1.85 INCHES DEEP IN THE AXLE HOUSING.

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHERE I MAY OBTAIN A PULLER THAT WILL REACH AND REMOVE THIS BRASS BUSHING ?

TEDPRICE1

Ted,

Any chance you could post a pic of what you're referring to. Sometimes it helps to get a visual before weighing in on a possible solution. I'll see what I can do to help if you're able to snap and post a pic or two.

Matthew

• MH81 said thank you

#19 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 05:52 PM

I've never had to mess with the bushings the manuals aren't much help on the process just remove and press new one in. you have the axle out does the bushing set against a shoulder inside if not you could take a small slide hammer and attach thick washer smaller then hole going around lightly taping as you go maybe you can get it to come loose. If it set against a shoulder and can't access the back side you'll need an expanding tool of some kind likely pricey. Unless a dealer like Brian steps in and gives you a solution with his knowledge of these tractors.