• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 brahlf OFFLINE  

brahlf
  • Member No: 9019
  • 11 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I just re installed my 2 stage snow blower on my LGT 165.  Does anyone have a picture of how the belt tension pulley and spring attach?  The book says the spring attaches to frame but not where.  My tension pulley does not look right, seem to be too wide.  It's working for now but I would like to get it straightened out. 

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm not sure if this manual is for your blower, but on page 11, fig. 18 is a pic!

• Arti said thank you

#3 brahlf OFFLINE  

brahlf
  • 11 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the picture, but that is a little different then I have.  I have a closed sided LGT 165.  The attached picture shows what I have.  But does not show what the spring hook attaches to.  It just says the frame.

img063_zps26c89d8d.jpg

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:40 AM

Have we got this manual here or is that yours the pic is from? I'm guessing from the seat of my pants here as I don't have a blower.

There is a spring that attaches to the spring hook that must go to a frame hole some where. How long is that spring?

Looking in the only 2-stage manual we have, it says the spring attaches to one of the grille mount bolts. I wonder if this would do the same. What is the model # of this blower?

Edited by KennyP, January 21, 2013 - 08:49 AM.
added comment

#5 brahlf OFFLINE  

brahlf
  • 11 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:17 PM

This is a scan from the manual I have. The manual is for a 42 inch two stage, product # 09JC9895, 59895. For 1000 & LGT tractors. I think I stated wrong in the first post. It is the spring that attaches to the frame, but the manual does not specifically state where. The spring hook goes over the idler shaft to put tension on the belt.
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,162 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:58 AM

Figure 31 shows it, poorly, but it is there. All you can see is the tip of the spring hook sticking up , just under the frame attaching bolt, or " latch bolt" as they call it. This could be part of the lower blower frame // gearbox or on the tractor frame it self ?

Edited by skyrydr2, January 22, 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:32 AM

Figure 31 shows it, poorly, but it is there. All you can see is the tip of the spring hook sticking up , just under the frame attaching bolt, or " latch bolt" as they call it. This could be part of the lower blower frame // gearbox or on the tractor frame it self ?

I would say it is hooked into one of the grille attachment bolts, Keith. It would need to be in line with the idler attachment and that's about all I can think of in that area. There may have been a small piece of metal that is now missing.

brahlf, see if it doesn't line up with one of those bolts. If it does, take a piece of 3/16" +/- bar stock about 1-1/2" +/- long. Drill a hole to fit on the bolt at one end and a small hole to hook the spring into at the other.  See if that gives you good tension.

• brahlf said thank you

#8 brahlf OFFLINE  

brahlf
  • 11 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:15 PM

I tried it to one of the grill bolts.  not enough tension on the spring.  I think I hooked it to a hole in the frame but don't quite know if that is the correct place.  My tension pulley may be wrong also.  it looks like it has been replaced at one time.  Does anyone have the dimensions for that?  Mine is a real tight fit in between the frame and the drive pulley.

#9 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,162 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 04:17 AM

It is a really tight fit in there!. The spring connects to the mule cross shaft holder . It looks like a " c" and its welded to the frame
. Mine had like a 2.5-3" flat idler on it.

#10 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 08:13 PM

My flat idler pulley measures 3" outside diameter.
This is a picture of the spring and spring hook, idler handle, mounting devise that came with mine.

image.jpg

Joe

Edited by Rock farmer, January 30, 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#11 brahlf OFFLINE  

brahlf
  • 11 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 11:20 PM

It is a really tight fit in there!. The spring connects to the mule cross shaft holder . It looks like a " c" and its welded to the frame
. Mine had like a 2.5-3" flat idler on it.

I also thought that would be the place, but when I hooked it up there was not enough tension on the idler to keep the belt tight. That's why I'm thinking I might have the wrong idler pulley.