OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:29 PM

At this point is seems to be a one-of-a-kind, but it may just be one of those "others haven't come to light yet". Something else to consider is that something like this would mostly be used by businesses, and when they were replaced by newer lifts that they were scrapped.

Green Mfg. Inc. is still in business.  I got a PM over on the 'other site' from a fella that had worked there.  According to him:

For some reason I am not able to post in the thread you started. But, I find this pretty cool. I was wondering if there are any other markings on the fork lift?? The reason that I ask is because I used to work at Green Manufactoring in Bowling Green OH. To my knowledge, and I worked there for 18 years, we never made a forklift for anything, let alone a garden tractor. But, on the flip side, I can see how Green's name was on it since they produce hydralic cylinders of all shapes and sizes. So I am guessing the Green manufactoring tag is on the hydralic cylinder. Not sure if it was one of our cylinders used in a home made deal, or a vender was using cylinders that was made by Green. Just wanted to provide you with the little knowledge that I have. Good luck!!

Now it's possible that this was done before he worked there.  Remember this thing was put together 42 years ago.

I'm going to get as much info as I can from Worcester's, and I think I'll try to contact Green Mfg. to see if there is anyone their that might have some information.

The forklifts that you saw on Sonny's or Sam's was made by Johnson, the same people that made loaders.  There are a couple of them floating around, and at least one is owned by a member here.

For off road forklift's 'turning a tractor around' is probably the better option, as with rear steering it's easier to put things in tight spaces.  I spent a lot of time using an International I-4 that had been converted like that.

i4-01a.jpg

#17 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,728 Thanks
  • 8,910 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Johnson made a forklift for Bolens, rear mount. One was on Ebay not long ago.

gallery_2394_508_1328955938_4032.jpg

I can't remember the name of the outfit that made the forklifts for Case.

steves_forklift.jpg

#18 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:02 PM

I took pics of a lift on an Allis B-10 that was at the Wellington OH show for the last two years.  It's rear mounted, but not a 'reversed' tractor.

Picture 045.jpg Picture 046.jpg

• kwj427 and Sal Mcc have said thanks

#19 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:20 PM

I have pics of every known bolens forklift I'll make post in the main Bolens forum.

Its a 1886-01 and the lift looks to be some rework to fit on the tractor odd way to put it on the tractor I bet the front spins are about used up.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#20 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 09:48 AM

These light duty forklift attachments are very interesting and have gotten me to thinking about building another tractor.

I have a forklift boom in storage down at my sons place that is about 6 foot tall.  I picked it up about 15 years ago.

At the time I had a small Hyster 3-wheel forklift with a single mast lifting boom and I was going to switch it over to this standard double frame style forklift boom but I ended up giving the Hyster to my son before I switched the booms.

As most of you know I have a big forklift that will lift over 3,000 pounds but it takes up a lot of space just to turn around.

I use it a lot but there are plenty of times that I could use a smaller forklift that would be easier to maneuver inside the garage.

Here is a photo of a Hyster forklift ( not mine but one like it ).

As you can see they are very low to the ground and don't work well outside.

A garden tractor with a forklift would be much more usable for me.

Hyster-electric-forklift-lift-truck-3-wh

• MyBolens1053 said thank you