Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What Does The Trunion Do On The Hydro Pumps?

cub cadet trunion 1450

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:09 PM

How much of a difference?

After having used the cheaper stuff in my 107 once upon a time and seeing how it operated and then going back to genuine IH HYTRAN in the last change there is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.  The BIGGEST thing by a mile is the way that regular hytran will absorb water.  It can handle water up to 1% of its volume and have no harmful effects or additive fallout.  Most hydraulic transmission oils have problems at 1/2% or less.  This is of concern on our hydrostats as they will absorb moisture over time especially on a tractor with front hydraulic outlets for a snowblade.  While it makes no difference on our cubs it also helps with brake chatter on wet brakes and slipping powershift clutches.  I know of people that have big JD tractors and have dumped their  JD Hy GARD fluid and swithced to IH HYTRAN and the afformentioned problems went away when they did it.  It may cost a little more to start but if using another oil leads to problems down the road I say it's worth it up front to prevent it.

• LTD and CubHorse80 have said thanks

#17 CubHorse80 OFFLINE  

CubHorse80
  • Member No: 19713
  • 159 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:21 PM

After having used the cheaper stuff in my 107 once upon a time and seeing how it operated and then going back to genuine IH HYTRAN in the last change there is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.  The BIGGEST thing by a mile is the way that regular hytran will absorb water.  It can handle water up to 1% of its volume and have no harmful effects or additive fallout.  Most hydraulic transmission oils have problems at 1/2% or less.  This is of concern on our hydrostats as they will absorb moisture over time especially on a tractor with front hydraulic outlets for a snowblade.  While it makes no difference on our cubs it also helps with brake chatter on wet brakes and slipping powershift clutches.  I know of people that have big JD tractors and have dumped their  JD Hy GARD fluid and swithced to IH HYTRAN and the afformentioned problems went away when they did it.  It may cost a little more to start but if using another oil leads to problems down the road I say it's worth it up front to prevent it.

So there is no difference? or they are totally different?

#18 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Can i use any other brand of hydro fluid other than the cub cadet? I dont wadros.nna pay $12 for a quart when i can get 5gal for 33$. is is absolutely nessicary to get the cub stuff? or can i get tractor supply brand. i think its mystic and traveller...

Unless its gone up in price a lot the $12 a quart oil is NOT the oil you need for your cub.  I believe what you are looking at is the oil for the newer cub hydros.  Is the oil you are referrring to labeled as DRIVE SYSTEM FLUID?  If so its the wrong oil.  I attached a picture of a 5 gallon bucket of CaseIh Hytran Ultra which is the oil you want.  The label should be the same on smaller jugs as well.  Also I attached a picture of the Cub Cadet DRIVE SYSTEM FLUID.

Attached Thumbnails

• mUGbNfUY_2qNq0nLfNkRMdg.jpg
  • hytran_prod_right.jpg

• CubHorse80 said thank you

#19 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:28 PM

So there is no difference? or they are totally different?

Sorry I guess my post was clear as mud,  LOL!!! The genuine CASEIH HYTRAN is worlds better than the Traveller oil you can by from TSC.  I would not reccomend the Traveller or any other oil that is not CASEIH Hytran. 

#20 CubHorse80 OFFLINE  

CubHorse80
  • Member No: 19713
  • 159 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 08:41 PM

its a cub cadet 1450 built in may of 1979

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cub cadet, trunion, 1450