• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Like the title says what are you working on right now. The 630's rockshaft is nearly complete and most of the blade frame is on. The 2520's front rock-shaft has primer on it and will be put on once we find something to put on the rockshaft. The main project is the trailer plow restoration. Almost done, just have a few things in the back to do, the moldboards and final assembly. The trail wheel bearing is split so that needs fixed somehow.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG
  • 003.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 001 (2).JPG
  • 002 (3).JPG
  • 002.JPG
  • 003 (2).JPG
  • 003 (3).JPG
  • 005.JPG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:50 PM

Got the 1958 Bolens HD Versa-Matic in for some engine repair

http://gardentractor...le-kohler-k161/

Attached Thumbnails

• blowing snow 008.JPG

• JDGuy445 said thank you

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Before I forget my question of you, what is the rockshaft, I have seen it written many times and I just don't know what it is.

Other than that you tractor is looking really nice - something to be proud of.

Dick

#4 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Before I forget my question of you, what is the rockshaft, I have seen it written many times and I just don't know what it is.

Other than that you tractor is looking really nice - something to be proud of.

Dick

It's like if you want to put a blade or cultivators on the front, then you put this on and connect to the 3pt system, it'll then act to lift and lower your blade or whatever is in the front. The "rockshaft" is the shaft in the powerlift (3pt) of the tractor. There are two shafts, one on each side. They rotate or "rock" about 90 degrees, and by attaching levers, "arms", or linkage to them, you can lift various implements. You can then get a rear or front rockshat, the rear is usually standard. The front was totally optional. In this case we installed a front one for the blade.

• JRJ said thank you

#5 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 09:13 PM

well the cub 126 is in the shop as well as the GT275 i can get a couple pics tomorrow

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,651 Thanks
  • 6,464 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Ha!  I'lld need a book to write for all my "wants" projects. You must want just the "present" projects probly. I do very little in winter, but last fall left off with rebuilding my 990 MTD. Is now done chassis, waiting for engine to be back, then later will be doing sheet-metal. Also have WHorse GT14 in constant tinker stage, and 3 other horses, 3 Plastic Powerkings and one Big wheel Powerking and a Case 222 all get some tinkering off and on. Have been buying parts from epay for most of them and won't be tilll spring to dig in hard.

SO, to answer question........Not Much! Ha :smilewink:  :(

#7 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 10:33 PM

JD 68 RER:

HPIM2555 (Custom).JPG

Frame is cleaned (and since, painted):

HPIM2570 (Custom).JPG

Working on the platform/steering tower now, fiberglass hood next, then paint the green parts.  Ned to take some more pics!  ~~  Lowell

#8 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Lets see....

Presently in various states of "work" in the shop....

Rebuilding 3 mower deck spindles for a Deere 316 onan 48" deck

Waiting for the 341 kohler 16hp block to come back from the machine shop (bore and crank journal) so it can go back together to go into the Ford 165.

A Yamaha G3 golf cart motor - Traded for it, going into a Melex electric-to-gas golfcart conversion.Sitting in a pile with the transaxle and other parts needed for the conversion.

A Deere 316 onan roller, sans motor, that will be motivated by a Kohler 18hp vtwin - all torn down to clean and paint/refurbish before fittingthe motor.Also doing the single to twin brake pedal conversion and considering the 4xx 2 speed transaxle and diff lock, but need to save some money for that one...

A Deere LX172 hood - presently being "reinforced" with fiberglass after an "unfortunate" impact with a trailer deck. I love the mower, but can't stomach the cost of a new hood. It may not look perfect when I get done, but will be functional and look good at a distance...

And a whole pile of stuff I need to sell so I can get some "hobby money" to finish these things!!!

#9 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,607 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Split the rearend on the Model TT Ford today.  The lube from back in the 1920's resembles roofing tar.  Seventy five degrees in the shop and it would drip out of the drain hole once about every 43 seconds.  It is 600 weight gear oil with 88 years of dirt and some metal shavings thrown in for good measure. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 004.JPG

#10 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:47 PM

Split the rearend on the Model TT Ford today.  The lube from back in the 1920's resembles roofing tar.  Seventy five degrees in the shop and it would drip out of the drain hole once about every 43 seconds.  It is 600 weight gear oil with 88 years of dirt and some metal shavings thrown in for good measure. 

Mmmmm that looks yummy! maybe you can strain it and put it back in LOL :D

#11 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:55 PM

Lets see now. I have the Jacobsen 1200 apart. The Block (K301) is back from the machine shop and waiting to be put back together.

I have the Massey Ferguson MF12H completely apart waiting to be sand blasted.

The Ford 100 mostly sandblasted and the engine half apart waiting to be rebuilt.

I have 2 old Clinton engines and a Briggs 5S apart waiting to be rebuilt.

I have had a few set backs in life and on top of that it has been so cold out lately that everything in my shop is like a block of ice.

I am hoping to get back to the grind stone in a week or so.