• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 09:26 AM

That's looking mighty good. Ought to serve you well for years to come!

#32 CKT OFFLINE  

CKT
  • Member No: 25473
  • 5 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 09:31 AM

Thank you.

When it's all said and done it will never win a beauty contest or best in show. Just need a plain old reliable and mechanically funtional machine to work and enjoy.  

#33 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 09:37 AM

I would say it will meet your expectations rather well. Enjoy!

#34 CKT OFFLINE  

CKT
  • 5 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 07:47 AM

The plow is mounted. It was just a matter of removing the mount assembly from my 520H and installing it on this machines rear axle. The 520 has a longer wheel base so there was a frame extension that had to be removed along with an adaptor bracket that was about mid-frame on the plow. Lastly, I had to 180 the plows angle lever to allow for clearance for the brake pedal.

The $80.00 Chrome  Mack Bulldog is mounted on the hood. It's resting on a small aluminum plate on top of the hood and a piece of 1/8x2" flat iron on the bottom side of the hood. Didn't want to have issues with tearing sheet metal.

Cut some tire chains to fit. I now need smaller tighteners.

The exhaust is in place and welded. My high temp exhaust paint should be here tomorrow.

Plan on mounting some LED tail lights today along with a headlamp relay and finally some final spot painting before the anti-skid tape goes on the running boards.

#35 CKT OFFLINE  

CKT
  • 5 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:55 PM

It's pretty much a done deal. Finished spot painting. Had some old paint laying around and put it to use.

Found a piece of anti-skid tape at Home Depot. 24"x6". Just cut it down the middle and used a section for both running boards. It came with a yellow reflective stripe I wasn't crazy about but ran with it anyway. It's made by 3M so it sticks well.

Painted up the exhaust with VHT high temp paint. It's supposed to be good for 2000 degrees. There's also a curing processas after the paint is applied.

Otherwise, it runs and drives super and looks acceptable. Sure appreciate all the advice and help. This tractors worse days are now in the rear-view. Twenty three days ago it was a rusted, leaking, leaning, dirty electrical wired mess. Now it's ready to rock. These machines are more than worthy of some elbow grease and TLC. Time and money well spent in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails

• Wheel Horse 001.JPG
  • Wheel Horse 002.JPG
  • Wheel Horse 004.JPG
  • Wheel Horse 005.JPG
  • Wheel Horse 006.JPG
  • Wheel Horse 007.JPG