• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 javahjoeo OFFLINE  

javahjoeo
  • Member No: 24912
  • 8 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:57 PM

I, for one, :wave:  would like to attend a plow day, in Indiana. Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure this would be of interest to many. :firejumper:   "NOTE"  The Tipton, Indiana, Antique Threshing Show, has plowing for garden tractors, Large tractors, and horse's. I haven't had my tractor, (PK) ready for plowing, as yet. This year I will join in the plowing, with my PK 18hp, 1618, with Brinly 12in. plow. :thumbs:  I use my Kubota 16hp diesel 4x4,  to plow my garden now.  :dancingbanana: javahjoeo, MIO, P K Junky, aka,  :shoot2: Don :wave: 

• JDBrian and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:53 AM

Don, I hope you find some plowing events to participate in this year. They look like lots of fun. I've never been to one myself but I am trying to find one locally this year even if I just go to watch. 

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:39 AM

And a Link will be fine - if available :thumbs:

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hiya Don, sometimes there is a plow day in the fall down in Greensburg, but its not every year.  We really lack a good Indiana plow day, most are in OH, MI and IL.  I havent been able to find a willing farmer that will allow use of his ground in the fall for a meet. To much liablity worries anymore.  Cheers   Mike

#5 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 10:25 PM

There was one in New Harmony, Indiana this past November.  Here is the info from their first post over on another site. 

"Keck Gonnerman plow day will be Oct20 2012 in New Harmony IN for Info call 812 4o1 886five"

I saw that it got rained out 2x but was finally rescheduled. 

Good luck, hope you find one.

#6 jteggers OFFLINE  

jteggers
  • Member No: 26996
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi Don this it JT some buddys and I try to go to a few plow days around there is usualy 2 in Akron In. one in th spring and one in the fall. We are usualy at Tipton to, we would like to put one on ourselfs one of these days.

#7 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:54 PM

The southern IN plow days are a haul till they complete the interstate extension to Evansville some day.  With fuel prices so high, we really need a good multi brand garden tractor show/plowing event either in the early spring or late fall before the cold weather moves in.  Biggest hurdle I have found is the land owner wanting to deal with the liablity issues.  We have a few decent shows, but only Tipton really has plowing and the last few years its been so dry in the late summer, you really cant plow, ground was like concrete.  Early spring would be better for GT plowing.  Hopefully I will have the 518 ready this year.   Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plowing, gardening