#16 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Typos are one thig,but complete wos missing ? Anyway,I suect it is on mynd.

I think you are right about that 'Nard!!  

:shoot3:  :loosing_it: You are the victim of an ever-growing E-madness known as 'Typing-lisp'!! :shoot2:

***You better report immediately to the 'GTtalk GEEK squad'TM for neurological implants to totally bypass your failing hands and enter your thoughts directly to your computer!!!  

(That could be awful though?!?!)   :D  :smilewink:

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

• mjodrey said thank you

#17 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 10:31 PM

If it was a WORD product I would say yep have the same issue. Type, edit, print preview, looks good..hit the print button and out it comes with items that I corrected on the first go round???

When my posts are missing words and or thoughts (which they are sometimes, of course only after hitting the post button) I blame the fact that I'm so relaxed on here...its kinda of that relaxed comfortable state when your with your buds and somebody burps and nobody goes off the deep end about it.

Now my wife would say she's been fixing my thoughts for a VERY long time...

So if a post is such that I'm lost I'll use one of our clever icons like :say_what: Most times though I just wait for others to respond so that I don't have to admit I was clueless...this is a learned response that could be added to the post about words that women use that we probably don't understand...

Now back to Maynord's question: Keep posting my friend I like your stuff :thumbs:

• mjodrey said thank you

#18 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Maynard, If you have an old Keyboard or you snack while surfing (Like I do) then you may have some keys not making complete contact.  If you do take the keyboard out and turn it upside down and shaaakkkkeeeee! it!  Then take some can air and blow it down through the keys.  If this doesn't help try swapping the keyboard out with a known good one. Yes a keyboard can fail, not often but I have seen them die.  If you are using a wireless keyboard try new batteries and making sure that it has a clear signal line to the receiver also if you have maybe moved your computer it may be to far from the keyboard.  

Make sure all you connections are good in the back of the computer and that there is no issue with the cables.

Also it seems like you are having a lot of issues with that computer.  When was the last time you took it out side and opened it up and cleaned it out?  Especially around the heatsink on the processor.  It seems to me that you have a problem not long ago that lead me to believe your video card was getting flaky this may also be a result of dirt inside the computer.

• mjodrey said thank you

#19 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 11:00 PM

**Maybe he's just gotta stop spitting coffee all over it when he cruises the web!?!?!? :rolling:

• mjodrey and HDWildBill have said thanks

#20 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 12:46 AM

Are you absolutely sure it's not a "dongle" problem?:D

I'm another one with the "part of the page missing syndrome".  Just about every topic page comes up with blank areas that require me to click the cursor in the blank to fill it in.  It's a total PIA!  If I wasn't so danged interested in the post I'd just move on...  It ONLY happens on GTT so it's not my computer (l think!).

• mjodrey said thank you

#21 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:56 AM

well your original post shows that you had to edit it Maynard so it could be a number of things.  I would like to go with:

1- operator error......

2- your post count is getting too high and the system is limiting you....

3- you are dazed and in a state of awww everytime you come on the site at all the tractor fun your about to have <--(most likely cause)

Edited by Farmlife, January 15, 2013 - 04:56 AM.

• mjodrey said thank you

#22 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Have you tried other browsers? That's not quite right somehow...

I get the same thing with IE. It's just another one of the features of the latest upgrade.

• mjodrey and MH81 have said thanks

#23 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 08:15 AM

I have been noticing in quite a few of my  posts now,when I look back at them,that there seems to be the odd   words missing from them.Now I know I make mistakes in my typing.But some of these missing words,I remember typing in.Is it ,or could it be my computer causing this?
This seems to be happening enough,that you guys must think that I can't form proper sentences.But in most cases,I know I typed in the words.
Just kind of letting you know,so you don't think that I'm a total illiterate.

Went back over some of my old posts, and found most of the pictures were gone, so I had to go back and upload a lot of them. Most of the pictures missing were from the "Serial Tag Restoration" post, and the "Who Else Collects Matchbox and Hot Wheels Cars" post. Not sure what happened, but they are all fixed now.

Edited by johndeereelfman, January 15, 2013 - 08:17 AM.

• mjodrey and IamSherwood have said thanks

#24 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Went back over some of my old posts, and found most of the pictures were gone, so I had to go back and upload a lot of them. Most of the pictures missing were from the "Serial Tag Restoration" post, and the "Who Else Collects Matchbox and Hot Wheels Cars" post. Not sure what happened, but they are all fixed now.

Might that have to do with the conversion to the new software last winter?

#25 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I've also noticed on the main forum page, that it takes quite a while sometimes, for the box to appear to show what other members are viewing. For you guys that might not know what I'm talking about, at the bottom of the main forum listing page, you will see who all is logged on. If you move your cursor over thier name, a box will pop up showing you thier avitar picture, what they are viewing, when they joined the site, last time they logged on, if they are one of your friends, and if they have a gallery. Most of time, this seems to work just fine, but on other occasions, it takes forever to appear, and will lock up so to speak, keeping you from moving on to other things.

Whenever I read a post and then hit the back arrow, I noticed too that the menu selection across the top of the screen disappears. There are also times when I have to click something twice to view it, whereas most times you only have to click once.

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:40 AM

I have noticed when replying, the box doesn't change over or takes a while. That is usually in the mornings when the server is doing a backup/whatever and the little green light at the top of the screen is flashing a lot. Not sure if you folks can see the little green thingy.

#27 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Troy what browser are you using?  I have the double click problem over in Yahoo mail when I click to read an email.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#28 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Cat has confessed to the crime.

dog bbq.png

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#29 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Troy what browser are you using?  I have the double click problem over in Yahoo mail when I click to read an email.

Ah, what's a browser? The only things I'm finding is Windows 7 and Google. John Deere's are my specialty, not computers Bill. I have no idea as to what you are asking me.

#30 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:35 PM

What program are you using to view the internet.  Like Firefox, Chrome or internet Explorer.