#16 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm certainly glad I don't work in New York City.    The report is that Mayor Bloomberg is banning all subways, since they killed 3 folks there recently. Traffic will be a nightmare.         :shoot2: :D :D

#17 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Try buying spray paint at Home Depot!  I'm 62 years old & gray haired, I refuse to show my ID just to buy a couple cans of spray paint!!!!!!   :mad2:   ~~  Lowell

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Try buying spray paint at Home Depot!  I'm 62 years old & gray haired, I refuse to show my ID just to buy a couple cans of spray paint!!!!!!   :mad2:   ~~  Lowell

You're serious....you have to show ID for spray paint in MO??  

#19 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:13 PM

Many states have a 18+ for spray paint - both to stop tagging/vandalizing, and to keep the little dears from huffing paint fumes.... But unless you are a REALLY young looking 60.... :thumbs:

#20 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:21 PM

You're serious....you have to show ID for spray paint in MO??  

It's a Home Depot thing!  Never any problem with other stores, including Menard's or Lowes.

I've bought paint in that store in the past with no problems, this time I left what I was going to buy on the counter, told the clerk why & walked out!  ~~  Lowell

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#21 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:30 PM

Here are a few more numbers for you.... Since the Gov is focusing on the "evil assault weapons", I went to the FBI's Uniform Crime Report for 2006-2010 (http://www.fbi.gov/a.../10shrtbl08.xls)

For 2010, there were 13,000 murders by some type of weapon.

Firearms accounted for 8,700 of those. Other weapons were knives, blunt instrements, hands/feet, poison, explosives, fire, etc. So 33% of murders didn't even use a gun...

72% (6,000) of the total weapons used were handguns.

Rifles (of any kind, including hunting rifles, single shot rifles and even the evil assault rifle) account for 4% of the total firearms used. The report does not differentiate on type of rifle, but even if ALL of the rifles used were assualt rifles, only 4% of the guns used were assault rifles....

Actually, there were more homicides by shogun than by rifle.....

So if you combine my two posts (see my first post with causes of death above), to summarize - people die of a lot of un-natural means. Some DO die from firearms and more specifically, assault weapons. But many more die of other causes. Spending a huge amount of time, attention and money on these relatively few deaths, while virtually ignoring many more common causes, doesnt seem efficient.

I'm not making light of these tragic instances. But I DO think we are making assault rifles a scapegoat for many other problems.... But tht's just my opinion...