First Ammendment Changes Requested
Posted January 14, 2013 - 04:11 PM
Edward Bulwer-Lytton 1839
The first Amendment
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
An open letter to President Obama
Dear President Obama,
Because the framers of our Constitution could not have envisioned the detrimental affect that the twenty-four hour news cycle has on the American Public I respectfully request that you immediately enact, through Presidential Executive order, the following restrictions on the press.
1. The immediate registration or surrender of all “Assault-Style” pens, which possess any of the following characteristics:
Have an ink well or cartridge capable of writing more than ten words without being refilled.
Can through the use of a mechanical mechanism, expose the “ball point” without the use of tools.
Possesses a “clip” that makes it easily concealed upon the person.
2. The immediate registration or surrender of all “Assault-Style” printers, which possess any of the following characteristics:
Have an ink well or cartridge capable of printing more than ten words without being refilled.
Have an “auto-feed” mechanism.
Have a tray capable of being loaded with more than ten sheets of paper without the use of tools.
3. The immediate registration or surrender of all “Assault-Style” cameras, video recorders or electronic audio recording devices, which possess any of the following characteristics:
Have a film magazine or electronic card capable of holding more than ten images without being reloaded.
Have an electronic card or tape capable of recording more than ten minutes of audio or video without being reloaded.
Have a film magazine or electronic card or tape that can be loaded without the use of tools.
Have any exterior lights capable of illuminating an area of more the ten feet.
Have any exterior microphone able to record audio of more than ten words at a distance of more than ten feet.
That is capable of being stabilized through the use of any tripod, bi-pod, pole or other device.
Contain any type of internal image stabilization device or software.
4. Enact a ten day waiting period for the reporting of any news story.
5. Enact a restriction on any resident alien, foreigner or guest in our country who is being allowed to express an opinion to the American Public on internal matters that really aren’t any of their business.
6. Enact immediate registration and licensing of all journalists.
Journalists who seek to transmit news and information to the American public must at a minimum:
Undergo a complete background check
Demonstrate their ability to use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling of the English language.
Demonstrate their ability to articulately transmit thoughts using a vocabulary of no more than 200 words.
Register their name, address, phone number and personal identity information in a governmental database accessible to the American Public.
Under go a psychiatric evaluation which is designed to demonstrate a basic grounding in reality, lack of a narcissistic personality or delusions of grandeur.
7. The creation of a governmental database that contains the registration information of the restricted items listed in this order.
8. A restriction on the sale and transfer of the items listed in the database and the creation of an E-Verify system so merchants can check for valid journalistic licenses prior to the sale of restricted items.
President Obama, I urge you to double the above restrictions for any journalists who agree to report on both sides of a news story.
- mjodrey, daytime dave, JD DANNELS and 9 others have said thanks
Posted January 14, 2013 - 05:42 PM
very well stated
Posted January 14, 2013 - 06:05 PM
That is great William. Thank you.
Posted January 14, 2013 - 07:09 PM
Thanks for that,William.
Posted January 14, 2013 - 07:24 PM
Good one, William!!! The pen may be mightier than the sword, unfortunately it's under the control of more than a few narrowminded brains that have no clue of reality and have never heard of the law of unintended consequences.