Good Job!

#17 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Great job, keep your receipt handy with that HF winch though. I use them when I install snow plows on our golf cars. They work for a while but after a few weeks of hard work or actual use, they fail. 

• larryd and TAHOE have said thanks

#18 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Great job, keep your receipt handy with that HF winch though. I use them when I install snow plows on our golf cars. They work for a while but after a few weeks of hard work or actual use, they fail. 

Well this one was installed Dec 2011, just had to replace switch and I've worked it pretty hard. Installed another one on a firend's Honda 250 and it's going good too.

Speaking of that, here is pics of the blade mount I made for their honda....cause I know you all like pics no matter what they are of LOL. Yea, he got rocked a view times due to a no trip plow, young boy is learning the hard way haha

photobucket-53241-1355708825295.jpg

photobucket-42164-1355708865572.jpg

photobucket-59844-1355708845710.jpg

• larryd said thank you

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Nice job on the honda too!! My neighbor has a winch lift blade mounted on a Polaris 4X4 ATV. He usually beats me out to clean the 1/4 mile lane and I'm very impressed with the job it does. He runs quite a bit faster than my tractor does.

I did take the tractor out and clean off any ruts and bumps this fall before they froze down, so he would not be doing acrobatics over the handle bars.

• larryd said thank you

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Titus: any pictures of the Golf Car conversions. My wife wants one for a Garden Buggy and a blade might be a good option too.

• larryd said thank you

#21 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 05:21 PM

Awesome job!! very impressed...I love all the step by step photos.  You know how to keep a fellas interest!!

• larryd said thank you

#22 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 05:56 PM

Titus: any pictures of the Golf Car conversions. My wife wants one for a Garden Buggy and a blade might be a good option too.

Sure, shoot me a PM and I'll send you some.

#23 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 06:21 PM

That is a neat lift. I have thought of making something like that for the dragonfly.

• larryd said thank you

#24 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Tahoe, great build and some very clever ideas put into play to make it a couple of functional attachments.  So what's next?

Jeff

Edited by Watchdog, January 18, 2013 - 09:45 PM.

• larryd said thank you

#25 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Tahoe, great build and some very clever ideas put into play to make it a couple of functional attachments.  Sop what's next?

Jeff

Thanks.

What's next..... if I can't find a true Sears back grader blade, I have an old hot water heater that I will fab up something along with a messed up 3pt that I will modify into an electric lift using the 4" actuator I have. Other than that, probably no more mods to this tractor, I'm working on a Massey MF1855 that has a 5' back blade and will get a mini FEL on the front....eventually. I am also do restore on a Sears ST16 so that  need done also.

Wife also has other honey do lists plans for me first  DOH!!!

• twostep, larryd and Watchdog have said thanks

#26 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • Member No: 21308
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Does anyone have any experience using Wel-Bilt linear actuators for this

type of application?

http://www.northernt...inear+actuators

• larryd said thank you

#27 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • Member No: 21308
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Well this one was installed Dec 2011, just had to replace switch and I've worked it pretty hard. Installed another one on a firend's Honda 250 and it's going good too.

Speaking of that, here is pics of the blade mount I made for their honda....cause I know you all like pics no matter what they are of LOL. Yea, he got rocked a view times due to a no trip plow, young boy is learning the hard way haha

I like it, and, believe I've seen similar setups. :thumbs:

Drop the plow and you still have the winch. Was the winch before the plow? Is the winch a Honda or ATV option?

• larryd said thank you

#28 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:37 AM

I like it, and, believe I've seen similar setups. :thumbs:

Drop the plow and you still have the winch. Was the winch before the plow? Is the winch a Honda or ATV option?

On both tractor and ATV, both blades and buckets can be removed in about 5 mins and you still have winch options. Althought the way I built ATV plow mount, you have to unbolt it from ATV to be able to have any fun since it hangs so low, 5 bolts and it's off, but winch is permanent.

I do not know if winch was option for the Honda, I bought one at Harbor Frieght and made all my on mounts. It fit great though up under front frame and facia, almost like it was a space made for a winch, nice and hidden.

The winch/blade setup on tractor was all built at same time, the winch was specifically used to lift blade.

I worked it hard this weekend, used bucket and trailer to clean out goat stalls, must've hauled 10-12 big loads to back of field to dump on compost pile, never let me down.

• Alc, KennyP and larryd have said thanks

#29 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hey Tahoe.  I've been "engineering" my idea for a loader bucket and have considered borrowing from your idea, but was wondering if you have had any issues/concerns with the single arm lift?  My thought was that if you didn't have a fairly balanced load, you would experience some twist or lean on the bucket.  Your design appears to work very well, and if you've not had any issues I'll stop complicating my idea.

Thanks

Jeff

• larryd said thank you

#30 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Leaving work, I'll get ya an answer later tonight or tomorrow sometime