1 reply to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,502 Thanks
  • 6,372 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Have first year 69 222. Don't like the fenders on back, way they unbolt and seat mounting. Have purchased later 222 parts and figured just bolt on.  Got the fenders, back tin, and the front tin where range lever is. THAT is the problem. Later tractor the upward part of tin is in front of frame bolts, the early one is in back of frame bolts, SO, the hole lever thing is too far forward to reach the link below it. Was thinking the late must have offset to it to meet, but not true.  I'm going to try to make/bend newer lever to meet the link. See any issues there?

My older gas tank (metal) fit snugly between the back and a center metal support on old tins. Now new tin farther away and no support for tank. Seems the under seat tool box has a strip that could rest on the tank to hold it. BUT, maybe older tank is smaller than new ones?  Also see plastic tank for 442 for sale, is bigger, has couple bumps on bottom tho, not sure where they would go. Zat what I need? Is the tank on later 222 bigger an maybe need one of those?  Also bought foot rests and can't use them. The later frame is totally diff and has diff pedal shaft mounts and linkage to brakes on other side. SO, won't be changing those. Fenders and tin mostly bolted up, cept that line-up issue. Maybe I should just move front tin back? Make two holes in frame?  Then seat probly won't work and be more hassle. Just can't win on this project! :wallbanging: 

#2 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Got any pictures grumpy? That might help us figure out what's going on. I've been there with being frustrated with my tractors so I'll be pulling for you on this one.

• marlboro180 said thank you