4 replies to this topic

#1 INDIANHEADMAN OFFLINE  

INDIANHEADMAN

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1147
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 01:18 AM

Would like to know if the cub cadet diesel's are really worth the extra money. I have done some research on the monsters but I keep comming up with money verses overall performace ratio problems. So I thought I'd ask what I know are a group of informative and intelligent people unlike myself :bounce::confuse:
RON

Edited by INDIANHEADMAN, September 10, 2010 - 01:20 AM.
Question as to posting to right place

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 04:47 AM

Which year cubs are you talking about ? Some of the earlier cubs ( 782D for example ) ,had Kubota diesels in them and of course they are good engines.The 5000 series had Daihatsu diesels,and the Yanmar cubs have Yanmar diesels.

Edited by mjodrey, September 10, 2010 - 05:05 AM.

#3 INDIANHEADMAN OFFLINE  

INDIANHEADMAN

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1147
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 12:32 AM

I would talking the 782d. I pretty much stick with the older cub cadets being that of the IH made tractors. I have a chance from a local man to purchase it (782d)and I think its worth the money but it seems they are high and hard to find parts for and to be honest if I picked it up I would never really use it but would add it to my little collection. I take all mine apart replace and recondition all parts . I then remove all paint then I use a auto rust inhibitor primer followed by several coats of light grey auto primer to be followed by primer sealer. When I finish with the primers I then use what I can get from my local International case dealer (Iron Clad) finish coat white and federal yellow depending on year of tractor.

#4 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 12, 2010 - 08:39 AM

I would talking the 782d. I pretty much stick with the older cub cadets being that of the IH made tractors. I have a chance from a local man to purchase it (782d)and I think its worth the money but it seems they are high and hard to find parts for and to be honest if I picked it up I would never really use it but would add it to my little collection. I take all mine apart replace and recondition all parts . I then remove all paint then I use a auto rust inhibitor primer followed by several coats of light grey auto primer to be followed by primer sealer. When I finish with the primers I then use what I can get from my local International case dealer (Iron Clad) finish coat white and federal yellow depending on year of tractor.

Your going to need some red paint if you buy the 782D, lol, sorry I couldn't help it

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 08:45 AM

Your going to need some red paint if you buy the 782D, lol, sorry I couldn't help it

Red paint is perty!