#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Have Charger auto or parts of at least. I like black hood look and bought a hood to adapt to it. The dash is quited diff on C-121 that hood came from. Hood is longer and has angles at dash. NOW, have bought 121 dash and steering set-up. Was thinking the dashes would just swap, but the 121 has wider mount needs. So, NOW there is a support on epay that I'm looking at to buy and swap all that too from Charger. BUT, it looks like that support bolts to side of frame rails and not sitting on top like Charger one. Wondering if the frames are same width and can just drill bolt holes or ???  Also hoping all the auto linkage will swap between the supports?  Most WH's seemto have the same control links for many models and years. Anyone ever try this change or know of any problems I don't know of yet? Maybe should just buy a Black Hood model and be happy?? :smilewink: 

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,696 Thanks
  • 8,890 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Should we slide this over to the WH forum, Grumpy?

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Well, thought I WAS in wheelhorse forum!! Senior moment??  That's where it was gonna be,yup!

#4 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well, thought I WAS in wheelhorse forum!! Senior moment??  That's where it was gonna be,yup!

Hey grumpy, thanks for stopping by and visiting us Colt/Case/Ingersoll forum. Hope you get what you're looking for over in the WH forum.

#5 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Damn, I was thinking you found the rarest of the rare for a minute

• Moosetales said thank you

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,696 Thanks
  • 8,890 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Well, we're here now! I know not the particulars of which you speak, but I have a question.

Do you have a torch, a welder, and a large hammer?

#7 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:48 PM

The frames are the same width but are not the same frame.  The black hood tractors did not have provisions to mount the fuel tank on the tower like the charger did.  You can probably make something work there.  The black hood tractors also did not a trans tunnel/tool box like the Charger did so you will probably run into fender/seat mounting issues.  I believe there are steering shaft height differences between the two towers.  The running boards are also alot different between the models and I'm thinking your Charger running boards won't work because of how they mount.  To add the black hood running boards you'll need to either change frames or weld in a bar to support the new running boards.  There is no doubt it can be done but Sounds like a lot of work to me.....

#8 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yup just by a black hood and call it a day.   To bad yer out there I'd like to seel some of mine