Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Lost Intrest ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,445 Thanks
  • 3,992 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Keith don't go - I saw a questionmark in the headline!

Edited by jd.rasentrac, January 10, 2013 - 11:21 AM.

• skyrydr2 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah I don't know if my interests are Ecclectic or Fickle? I have hardly touched the GT's since I got the 1500. But when it comes to getting them ready for mowing season I'll get back to them.

Have not had any of my rifles out of the vault in over two years and am getting the urge. The same goes for my metal detectors? Have to keep mixing things up to prevent Burn Out!  This is more than a GT Forum, it is a Social Club.

I may have other interests but check in often to see what everyone else is up to.

#18 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:29 AM

Keith as everyone else has said we all go through this from time to time and it is good to take a break from it.  You have a new family and I'm sure that has your interest and that is great!  That's the way it should be, but also think about the great time's you will have with Nikolas working on the tractors.

You also have a wealth of knowledge so weather you work on them or not, we still enjoy your input and comments.  Above all we enjoy your friendship.  So go enjoy your new family and have a great time, but please pop in once in a while and let us know how your doing.

#19 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 02:06 PM

im kinda going thru the same thing myself. i understand fully how you feel. its rough at times but i just hang in there and i seem to come out of it. thats why i may not post for a while and then start posting again. it seem to hit me really hard in winter. 

#20 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:04 PM

This happened to me recently. I sold EVERYTHING. A few months later I traded my 4 wheeler for a tractor. My problem ending up being redundancy of working on Garden Tractors because it got to the point where there challenge was gone. I figured I would step up to something larger but I am finding out the little garden tractors and BIG tractors are one of the same. The main reason I got into the GT's is because I enjoyed getting something that was junk and bringing it back to life.

#21 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Keith,

I can't say that I know what you're going through, but I can tell you, that other hobbies will help you from losing interest in just one. For example, during the Spring and Summer months, I of course work on and buy garden tractors and parts. The weather is warm, the days are long, so being in the garage or shed just feels comfortable, and I can get a lot done. A sense of accomplishment I suppose. Eventually though, I get tired of working on them, and start looking for some relaxation. However, relaxation to me isn't sitting around the house doing nothing. I still have to be doing something.

Anyway, during the Fall and Winter months, the weather is colder and the days are shorter, so the house is pretty much where I'm limited too, due to not having heat in the garage. Yes there are times when I get gloomy because I'm not able to work on the tractors, or what I want, but I find other things to do. During these cold months, I spend my time adding to the Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars collection. I know, I'm 45 years old and need to grow up, but this keeps me busy and still gives me a sense of feeling that I'm working on completing a collection. I'm not saying that Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars are your new addiction, but something along these realms may be just what you need.

Look into finding something else to do with your time. It doesn't have to be collecting so speak either. Aren't you into wood working? Wood working is relaxing, enjoyable, and also gives you a sense of accoplishment. Just don't sell or deplete the tractors, as I'm sure someday you will regret it. Just find something to fill your time until you rekindle that spark again. Wish you the Best my Friend!

Edited by johndeereelfman, January 12, 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#22 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Wether it takes some time or a short period of time....you know you always have a place to come back to....just pop in once ina while and let us know your still suckin wind....lol

• IamSherwood, skyrydr2 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#23 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Temps were nice out side yesterday so I went out to check on the chickens and poked into the shed, couldn't resist starting the 165 up and let it warm up ... then went to the other shed and fired up the 125 and let him run for a bit. Blues are over , I need to pull the head on the Kubota diesel in the 165 as it is still leaking oil when cold :beerchug:  :loosing_it:  :love:

Now to find the parts first.. I'm off to find me a head gasket, rocker cover gasket, and that little o-ring that is leaking when cold... :thumbs:

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, LTD and 2 others have said thanks

#24 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Temps were nice out side yesterday so I went out to check on the chickens and poked into the shed, couldn't resist starting the 165 up and let it warm up ... then went to the other shed and fired up the 125 and let him run for a bit. Blues are over , I need to pull the head on the Kubota diesel in the 165 as it is still leaking oil when cold :beerchug:  :loosing_it:  :love:

Now to find the parts first.. I'm off to find me a head gasket, rocker cover gasket, and that little o-ring that is leaking when cold... :thumbs:

That's great to here Keith!! Good luck on the diesel! I think I am going to take your lead and go out and start mine as well :D :thumbs:

#25 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:54 PM

In the winter I make beer, always improves my outlook on things

What part of MA?

#26 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 04:00 PM

Gardner

#27 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Gardner

Sorry Keith, little to far to bring you any beer, they be gone before I got there :bigrofl:

P.S. All read >>>> No comments about drinking and driving  the ^^^^ is a joke

#28 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Glad to see the blood stirring again Keith.

#29 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Kieth, I'm glad to hear you messing around with your GT's. I get the same way sometimes, but always stay here and get back into it. Keep your chin up and it will get better.

#30 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Keith's problem was just the fumes from those baby diapers.  Once he got some fresh air in his lungs, he was just fine!  :D 

• KennyP said thank you