18 replies to this topic

#16 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• Member No: 437
  • 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 04:33 AM

welcome. i'm running a electric fuel pump on my 1655 and i was still getting fuel in my crankcase. so i put a cut off selnoid after my pump. never had a ploblem.

#17 robintwist OFFLINE  

robintwist

• Member No: 1178
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:03 AM

Hi, I live in the north west of England quite near to Manchester, Leicester is probably about one and a half hours from me in the midlands.
Cheers
Robin

#18 robintwist OFFLINE  

robintwist

• 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:06 AM

Thanks for the welcome, I have to say that only having been a member for a few hours I have had great advice and tips which should save me hundreds of ££££.
Cheers
Robin

#19 robintwist OFFLINE  

robintwist

• 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 05:43 AM

Hi Ducky, Snappers are quite rare in the UK, I have seen several of the smaller tractors on ebay but these are mainly just light duty lawn mowers rather than garden tractors, I think most of these are from the south of the UK so there must have been a distributer down there at some time, I notice that new Snappers are now being advertised here but as they are not that well known and are priced quite high against our more well known tractors, I don't know how sales will go.
I have never seen a Massey badged Snapper here, although I would ultimately like to do an 'olcowhand' paint job on mine, I think his looks great and would I'm sure increase the value of my tractor in the UK, large Massey tractors have been here for years and are exibited at shows all over the country, if mine was badged Massey I'm sure it would create a lot of interest.
I have searched for the older type Masseys like the 8 or 12 with the square bonnet (hood) but I have never seen one here.
Common brands available in the UK include MTD Yardman, Westwood, Castelgarden, Honda, Kubota and Ransomes, even Wheelhorse are quite rare and again seem to come from down south when advertised on ebay.
I woulds say the the most sought after tractors here are the Kubota diesels which bring big money.
As for the serial numbers I will send mine to you when I get home later.
Cheers Robin