mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 09:38 PM

....sometimes it rains in 12 hours.... for practically 5 days straight

IMG00301.jpg

Took me two days (!!!!) to blast most of the frame with my 120v harbor freight compressor, half the time it was spitting water. The head was 280F LOL. Exceeding duty cycle?

But anyways, this primer is really nice. No rust forming, lays down real thick and glossy, sticks to practically anything, sands like butter, hard in 4 or 5 days, one week recoat window.
Home Page

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,354 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 04:52 AM

That sounds like a good ,tough primer.

#3 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• Member No: 757
  • 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 01:47 PM

for sand blasting and painting you MUST run a water/oil seperator air tools only work as well as the air going into them
wet crappy air will always slow production 280F at the tip HOLY HELL

but the frame looks nice primered ,I am like a skipping record at times primer protects the substrait, and paint protects the primer its the same science in all forms of painting
and the paint makes it look so pretty hahaha

#4 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 06:36 PM

IMG00314.jpg

for sand blasting and painting you MUST run a water/oil seperator air tools only work as well as the air going into them
wet crappy air will always slow production 280F at the tip HOLY HELL

but the frame looks nice primered ,I am like a skipping record at times primer protects the substrait, and paint protects the primer its the same science in all forms of painting
and the paint makes it look so pretty hahaha

Sorry I ment 280 at the compressor head. Not at the tip. That was more like a water hose LOL Had to wait a couple hours for it to cool down. I actually think it was a good idea leaving it in the rain. I can see which spots I missed.
Just got done spraying the second coat of the NAPA/Martin Senour/Sherwin Williams acrylic enamel. $45 for a quart. Has good coverage. Better than the PPG Omni I had used. Got a little crazy in one spot but I am excited how it looks. I got too excited and forgot to fill in the pitting on the frame by the floor boards. Have all the wheels blasted but I forgot to buy the silver mist on Sat and they arent open Today. Just want to get a rolling chassis.
I was wondering what do you charge to do a set of wheels two tone. Shipping would propably be expensive but it wont be that much when it all adds up I guess.
Also here are the NAPA codes again
94939 flint metallic grey
94941 red rouge
54958 silver mist

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00311.jpg
  • IMG00316.jpg
  • IMG00315.jpg
  • IMG00312.jpg
  • IMG00313.jpg
  • IMG00317.jpg