Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,137 Thanks
  • 2,269 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 08:50 AM

David Brown, I'm very interested in your Wagner. It looks alot like my Magna-Trac GT. Do you know much about it?

Finding info on these tractors is pretty difficult to say the least.  I have noticed that the two look alike but I don't know what the connection might be if any.  The only thing I've ever been able to come up with as far as the history of these tractors is the fact that it was in consideration to be the first Cub Cadet.  I've heard different stories as to why that didn't happen and my theory was that the company either went ahead and built the tractor to sell and recoup the design costs or it went into production to prove to IH that they had a design worthy of consideration.  I'm guessing that perhaps Wagner built some tractors to be badged as the Magna-Trac through some sort of contract with them?  It makes sense but then, without a good source of history on either company, we may never know.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#47 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 09:54 AM

methinks member 'collection pics' would be awesome for a future calender theme, Thanks for sharing guys!   :thumbs:

• boyscout862 said thank you

#48 willy OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8423
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 05:17 PM

Well I have 1952 Tiger , 1961 Beaver 750 , 3 National mowers , Gibson A , 1966 Case 190 ,1930 Vaughn flex tread ,1963 Bolens 600  1st pic is a National  2nd is Beaver at Santa Cruz County Fair

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC03812_0035.jpg
  • DSC04030.JPG
  • 1000011.JPG

#49 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Some pretty cool stuff here! I did see one problem though... The ratio of members who posted to members who posted with pictures is not the greatest. Lol! I will get mine up tonight.

#50 Sammy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 61643
  • 8 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hi All,

You guys have some very nice/interesting pieces. I'm new here,and,although I've owned several  vintage g/t's over the years,I now have only a few of the Bolens Lawn Keepers to mention.....they're somewhat unique and scarce(although,after finding my first LK,three more were acquired within 2 months!!).

So,I'd like to hear from any other LK owners.

Sam in IN