• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,723 Thanks
  • 4,283 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Just goes to show you Doug, I should just stick with what I know! GREEN!!!! :smilewink:

I thought maybe it was something I missed! I don't know about that green. If you'd get something you didn't have to push, your leg wouldn't be hurt!poke.gif

Nothing like buddies to poke you when your hurt. Have a good one!!

#18 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 06:47 PM

cubic inches has nothing to do with the speedex id or the S-23 would be a S22 and the S-24 would be an S-23 as the 10hp briggs engine is a 23cid and the 9hp kohler is a 22cid on the s23 and to sound like a real knowitall the biggest of the S series is the S-32 few were made but they stand out once you see one my guess without having the width of the front axle would be S-24 as it seems wider than the narrower S-23

• MH81 said thank you

#19 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:30 PM

Nice tractor! I hope you get your hands on it some day!

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#20 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:54 PM

NRA, It's good to see you posting some. We have missed your posts lately.. :wave:

#21 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,723 Thanks
  • 4,283 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 06:44 AM

cubic inches has nothing to do with the speedex id or the S-23 would be a S22 and the S-24 would be an S-23 as the 10hp briggs engine is a 23cid and the 9hp kohler is a 22cid on the s23 and to sound like a real knowitall the biggest of the S series is the S-32 few were made but they stand out once you see one my guess without having the width of the front axle would be S-24 as it seems wider than the narrower S-23

Maybe toward the end with the Kohler engines it might be true but I believe the Kohler was an option. Also Briggs upped the horseppower of some of their engines later on. Originally the S series started with an S14 and an S23. Was it just coincidence that they used the model 14 and 23 Briggs which corresponded to cu in? The model 24 should have a 24 cu in Briggs. The 24 was considered a 10 HP. The 23 cu in was basically considered an 8 HP. I didn't realize they made a 32 but I see it is listed. Was it a 16 HP? That's what the 32 cu in Briggs was rated. It may not follow 100% but I still say that was the original intentions. What do you think the numbers represent?

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you