Today I put the engine kit in hoping to tighten it up inside and make it run better.
I also tried to fix the starter, the one I have has 1 broken tooth on the drive gear and is stiff to turn buy hand. I got a new drive gear kit and bushing/brush kit for the motor. When I took it apart found the magnets loose and broken so this one I can't fix, now I have to buy a new starter motor.
I got the engine installed and hooked up, took the starter off of my other MF16 and used it on the one. This one started up almost right away and ran smooth.
There is a ratting noise coming from the muffler, I noticed when the engine was out the muffler rattled, surprising that it's not loud, you would think that with loose parts inside it would be noisy.
The exhaust on the MF16 is a stupid design IMO, the exhaust blows right on the front tire, I prefer a settup where it exits forward, away from the driver.
The wiring on this tractor is a disaster, had to by-pass everything to get spark. It needs a new wiring harness that I have to make.
I also went through the mower deck and got serviced so it can be used, biggest problem was the belt tensioner pivot was seized, that's all freed up and working now. I have 2 mule drives for the deck, the one that looks the best had the belt tensioner assembled wrong and when I tried to fix it I broke it. So I used the other one after swaping over the 2 pulleys, put all the best parts into one.
I hoping by next weekend I can use this for what I want and that is a grass cutter.
This tractor is not all painted up nice and pretty but if I can get it in good working order without butchering anything I'll be happy.
Things to do.
Get a new starter.
Rewire the whole tractor.
Fix the shifter brake for the Hydro control.