Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor for the Month of October 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor for October 2010! (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor for October 2010!

1. Speedex 1631 (26 votes [36.62%])

Percentage of vote: 36.62%

2. John Deere 420 (8 votes [11.27%])

Percentage of vote: 11.27%

3. Springfield Walk Behind (13 votes [18.31%])

Percentage of vote: 18.31%

4. Allis Chalmers B-10 (20 votes [28.17%])

Percentage of vote: 28.17%

5. Bolens HT23 (4 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 07:35 AM

Voting for Tractor of the Month for the month of October has now officially started and will end the last day of September.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of October starting on the 1st of the month.

We will start new nominations at the same time as well so keep an eye out on this forum to know when to submit a nomination or vote.

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• Speedex 1631 - nra1ifer
  • John Deere 420 - grnspot110
  • Springfield Walk Behind - oldsoul
  • Allis Chalmers B-10 - tractormike
  • Bolens HT23 - bhts

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a year. Thanks and good luck!

You can review the entries before voting below.

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 01, 2010 - 08:43 AM

I would like to nominate my Speedex model 1631. It was built in 1980 (looks ancient, though, doesn't it?) I have owned it since February of this year, and it has quickly become my favorite tractor. It has a 16HP Briggs engine, and a modified three-point setup that includes a tool bar to which all of the attachments are mounted. I have a single plow (it will handle a 2-bottom plow), two discs, cultivator shanks and several sizes of sweeps including hillers/furrowers, and a belly mower. It's a worker, not a looker.

I use it mainly for plowing and prep'ing the garden spot. With the hillers, it is REAL handy for hilling the potatoes. It is simply and heavily built, and will probably outlast ME!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2272.jpg
  • DSCF2273.jpg
  • DSCF2271.jpg

#3 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted September 01, 2010 - 09:19 AM

I would like to nominate my 1983 John Deere 420, I've had it for two years now, use it for shows, heavy towing, plowing w/ model #20 JD plow & snow pushing ( with the #54 - 4 way blade. Sometimes use it to pull firewood out of the timber.

Also have the 60" deck for it.

Attached Thumbnails

• GARDEN TRACTORS 612 (Custom).jpg
  • GARDEN TRACTORS 498 - Copy.jpg
  • TRACTOR SHOWS 2009 110 (Small).jpg

#4 oldsoul OFFLINE  

oldsoul

• Member No: 1107
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 04:34 AM

I guess I will throw my "hat" into the mix and nominate a Walk Behind. I am new to the forum and fairly new to these old gems. This summer I picked up my first Walk Behind; A Springfield Garden Tractor made by Quick Mfg. Inc. It had been sitting in a barn for some 20 plus years and was originally owned by a young mans grandfather. This young man was "unloading" much of his grandfather's barn to help fund his college education. The Springfield tractor (like many of its competitors of the time line) is a great representation of a "simple" machine yet functional, versatile and built for a lifetime if properly maintained. This particular model was manufactured in '49-50 based on what limited information I have been able to gather. The engine is a 3HP made by Clinton and runs very well. It has a "Carter Model N" carburetor and a "Saf-T-Vue" oil bath air cleaner. The 32" sickel bar mower is in great shape and operates as originally intended. The pull cultivator (like the sickel bar) is original with firestone tires and looks to have had little use. My time to "play" and add more walk behinds is limted by family and work, however, I am hooked on these wonnderful pieces of agricultural history. Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails

• SPGT.jpg
  • SPGT.2.jpg
  • SPGT.1.jpg

#5 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:08 AM

I'll throw one of my Allis Chalmers in the mix this month. This started out as a 1964 Allis chalmers B-10. I put the 6.70x15 rear ag tires mounted on Dodge Caravan spare tire rims on the back to raise the tractor up enough to put the narrow front under it and still keep the tractor level. I use 3.50x6 tri rib tires mounted on wheel barrow rims for the front. I moved the steering linkage under the frame so it doesn't show. I did remove the implement lift lever to help it look more like a farm tractor. Other than these modifications the rest of the tractor is stock. It's a fun tractor to take to shows.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4970[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4969[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4971[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• 060.jpg
  • 061.jpg
  • 062.jpg

#6 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 12:34 PM

Well you twisted my arm didn't have time to put the sickle mower on it.This is my bolens HT23 it is a 1984 or 1985 model.She is all orginal and has all the bells and whistles.The wife calls it my putter as it has no duties other then caring me around and maybe some winter cleanup.

If someone else would like there tractor in you can remove mine.

Attached Thumbnails

• bobs stuff 4246.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4244.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4245.jpg

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 03:25 PM

That Speedex is really speeding away from the rest of the pack at the moment.

#8 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 07:29 PM

That Speedex is really speeding away from the rest of the pack at the moment.

Yes it is and i like it.Would not mind seeing it win.Nice little tractor.

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 08:56 AM

There are a lot of great choices here. Seems we have a lot of Speedex fans. We also have our first walk behind nomination and our first narrow front custom in the mix.

#10 oldsoul OFFLINE  

oldsoul

• Member No: 1107
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 09:50 AM

While I would love to see my Springfield be the first Walk Behind to win, I am also a fan of the Speedex. Wish I had more time and dollars for these machines. I am surprised the total vote count for this forum is quite low. I would have expected most members to chime in but went back and looked at previous months and those counts were much lower than I had anticipated.

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 15, 2010 - 10:31 AM

While I would love to see my Springfield be the first Walk Behind to win, I am also a fan of the Speedex. Wish I had more time and dollars for these machines. I am surprised the total vote count for this forum is quite low. I would have expected most members to chime in but went back and looked at previous months and those counts were much lower than I had anticipated.

In all honesty some people tend to forget to vote even with the reminder that shows up at the top. A lot of people just come in for the information they want and leave and never enjoy the "community" and friendship of everyone. Some people just join up to get the manuals they want and you never hear from them again. We are getting a lot more community members that are helping make the place that special place and it will only get better.

I think voting will grow over the next couple of months and winter time since more people will be indoors and at the computer.

#12 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 16, 2010 - 01:19 PM

I think your right George,when the cooler weather hits,people will probably spend more time on the computer.
I practically live here at GTT when ever I have free time,I think it's the best tractor forum going.:worshippy2::bounce::dancingbanana:

Edited by mjodrey, September 17, 2010 - 07:19 AM.

#13 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted September 25, 2010 - 10:46 AM

I usually remember to vote but miss the reminder sometimes. I also have to agree about this being the better forum. i have visited and am a member of a few others and this is the best

#14 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 925 Thanks
  • 1,216 posts

Posted September 27, 2010 - 06:24 AM

Nice What type engine does the 420 have ?

#15 mf14a OFFLINE  

mf14a

• Member No: 1277
  • 6 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted September 27, 2010 - 07:39 AM

Just getting mine back to its orginal state. Just wanted to say that there is some nice looking tractors here!