DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 08:19 PM

I took it off my registry yesterday, so it's not in twice.

What is suppose to be done when you have a tractor registered that you have sold?

#47 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 08:25 PM

Well if you don't think the new owner would ever be on the site then just keep it one there. If you think they will be on the site could let them know about adding it and then deleting the old entry.

#48 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 08:27 PM

I have some in the registry that I sold, I put sold in description, as to where they are now or if they'll ever be put in here ???

#49 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 08:30 PM

I would just leave em go, at least the information is documented so others can benefit from it. I think putting that you sold it in the description is a good idea.

#50 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 08:52 PM

I have some in the registry that I sold, I put sold in description, as to where they are now or if they'll ever be put in here ???

My thoughts would be to keep your registration and update it as sold to xxxx. There are a lot of serial tags being sold to make a tractor something it is not.
At least that way you would own the serial # and until some one registered that serial as the new owner there would be a trail on that tractor.
So many people are parting out very nice tractors for profit.
I have bought those parts.
What I am doing now is make my own parts as needed and modified as make sense. These splined shafts are a joke to me. Without any lube there life is limited.:offtopic:
Wow I should start a new thread here to vent that.

#51 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 09:10 PM

My thoughts would be to keep your registration and update it as sold to xxxx. There are a lot of serial tags being sold to make a tractor something it is not.
At least that way you would own the serial # and until some one registered that serial as the new owner there would be a trail on that tractor.
So many people are parting out very nice tractors for profit.
I have bought those parts.
What I am doing now is make my own parts as needed and modified as make sense. These splined shafts are a joke to me. Without any lube there life is limited.:offtopic:
Wow I should start a new thread here to vent that.

I know what you mean.I do part out alot of tractors for a living and one thing i will not sell from it is the model/serial number tag.Those tags have a meaning and can decive someone.A tag from a early year tractor that was destroyed being replaced with a newer year tag would make finding the correct parts hard and would also change the value.We won't even get into the theft part other then if you replace your missing tag on a tractor you have owned forever with a tag from a stolen tractor your tractor becomes the stolen tractor.

#52 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted October 29, 2010 - 06:23 AM

I know what you mean.I do part out alot of tractors for a living and one thing i will not sell from it is the model/serial number tag.Those tags have a meaning and can decive someone.A tag from a early year tractor that was destroyed being replaced with a newer year tag would make finding the correct parts hard and would also change the value.We won't even get into the theft part other then if you replace your missing tag on a tractor you have owned forever with a tag from a stolen tractor your tractor becomes the stolen tractor.

Bob-Let me commend you on your actions regarding ID tags. Hydrive and I have had this discussion on another Forum and I believe we are in the minority in our belief that the tags should not be offered for sale. Recently a Deere Patio was up for sale on ebay. Fortunately the Seller was an honest individual. Prior to the listing expiring he was advised by someone who looked at the tractor that it was not a Patio and the Tag had been replaced with one from a Patio. He made a full disclosure and did the right thing. How many people would have done that? Certainly not the person he acquired it from.

There are very strict laws regarding Vehicle Identification Number tags. The reasons seem obvious to me.

#53 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted October 30, 2010 - 12:54 PM

got mine added. and before the deadline too :)

#54 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 07:37 PM

I don't think we will make the 300 by 12 midnight tonight but I think we should shoot for 350 by xmas day.

#55 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 07:06 PM

With the end of the year approaching, and the Holidays here, I know a lot of you will be spending time with your actual families instead of your GTTALK Family. That being said, if you don't have your treasure in the registry, please take a minute to enter it. We are only 11 entries from the big 300.

We have had a number of new members (thanks for joining up) and a few existing members who have mentioned new purchases. If we add all those, we will be over 300.

The registry can be found HERE or in the menu bar at the top of the page just under the logo.

Thank you.

#56 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:01 PM

Did you want new tractors too? I never registered my LA105 because it's only a couple of years old.

#57 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:02 PM

I think new or old is fine. Any tractor is welcome.

#58 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:43 PM

Er...now it tells me I don't have permission. I'm beginning to suspect that modern technology is shunning me.

#59 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:45 PM

Give me a couple minutes, I think I forgot to set a few settings when I added another usergroup.

#60 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:56 PM

Ok, sorry about the no permissions. It should be fixed now.
  • Reverend Blair said thank you